January 2011 Moms
Options

Post your quick, easy, yummy dinner menu here

We are so pressed for time during the work week, and I need some ideas that can be whipped up fast.  Here is what I made the other night and it was soooo good:

Salmon- brushed with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, broiled in our counter-top toaster/convection oven for around 15 minutes (we like it really done so I even threw it into toaster mode for a couple minutes at the end).  I put aluminim foil down on the tray so cleanup was easy.

Cauliflower- chopped up a head of it into smaller bunches, tossed with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and some garlic, roasted on a pan in the oven at 425 for around 20 minutes (til it browned a little)

Minute Rice (90 second microwave in the bag kind) long grain & wild rice.

Re: Post your quick, easy, yummy dinner menu here

• Options

My go-to weeknight meal is quesadillas.  We always have tortillas and cheese on hand, and the stuffing is kitchen sink style, whatever we have to use up.  Last night I had red bell pepper and mushroom.  H put some shredded rotisserie chicken with a little cumin in his.  Unless you need to pre-cook or heat the ingredients it takes literally 5 minutes from start to finish.

I'm big into things that take minimal hands-on time but may cook awhile.  Like oven fries or with quesadillas I'll make sweet potatoes with cumin and garlic.  It takes maybe 5 minutes to chop everything up, and then you just stick it in the oven til it's done.

If you don't have one, I'd consider getting a crock pot, too.  magic!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A lot of my quick meals involve the crock pot. I like making meatballs - I brown them in the oven for about 10 mins and then put them in spaghetti sauce in the crock pot for as long as I can possibly wait before gobbling them up. Corned beef is super easy. Most people forget it exists except around St. Patty's Day. Just stick in the crock pot on low before leaving for work with water covering the top of it. Anything more than 8 hours is the perfect cooking time.

We like to have blackened chicken wraps a lot. H hates cutting chicken, and it makes me puke, so we just buy the precooked/sliced grilled chicken strips (Tyson or Perdue) and heat in a skillet and add some spices (paprika, chili powder, and blackening season, adjust to taste). Then we put it in a tortilla wrap with cheese, tomatoes, and a red wine vinagrette (red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, and parsley).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we do have a crockpot, I like throwing some pork tenderloin and stubbs bbq sauce in it and having pulled pork on hawaiian rolls.  H loves pot roast with baby carrots, onions and potatoes.  We just have a really bad Red Baron pizza habit we need to break before LO starts thinking that is a perfectly fine dinner 3 times a week (lol).  And no, we don't have a nice salad on the side, we just cut that stupid pizza in half and each hoss it.
  • Options

I'm all about the crock pot - like Broccoli said it's easy to throw things in and then wait hours til it's done. If you have that kind of time, it makes the house smell delicious and any meat comes out perfect. Check out my post below, you'll see some crock pot recommendations. I made this from Hollywood's recommended site last night and my DH LOVED IT!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

I always make the McCormick Slow Cooker seasoning packet for Beef Stroganoff, another of his faves.

I make peppered steak - 1 inch beef cubes (usually sprinkle with Adobo), 3 peppers cut up (I like different colors), 1 onion cut up (not necessary though), 2 cans of stewed tomatoes (I buy the ones that come with Italian spices already in it), fresh garlic and when it's done I put over rice. So good I can eat it for 3 days. 

• Options
    One of our favorite crock pot dinners is beef peppercini sandwiches. We use a big cheap roast and sear the outside, throw it in the crockpot with a jar of those perppercini things and the juice and cook on high for 6 hours or so until it's falling apart. Serve on some hearty rolls with provolone cheese. Mmmmm!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"