March 2011 Moms
Options

Team Pink Ladies Come in...

Hey there!  I had an u/s last week and we are by choice staying Team Green but I have a question?  When you had your u/s and you found out you were having a little girl, did the tech. measure her ovaries like she measured all the other organs?  

With us she was measuring things and saying, now these are your babies kidneys, and she would type "kidneys" on the u/s.  They she would say now I am measuring the stomach, and type "stomach" on the u/s.  Well after a little while after she got some great shots of the profile and little feet she measured 2 more little things in the torso area and she didn't tell us what they were and didn't type anything on the u/s. After she left I turned to DH and said I wonder if she was measuring the ovaries just then and he said he was thinking the same thing.  

So... Just wondering if they measured those during your u/s.  I really am dying to know!  (:  I'm obviously not planning nursery colors or buying little pink dresses but it would be fun to dream both ways because through this whole pregnancy I have been sure it was a boy!!  Until now... 

Re: Team Pink Ladies Come in...

• Options
    I don't think my u/s tech measured ovaries.  I didn't even see ovaries though!  Just the 3 little lines.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well, our tech guessed a girl, but wasn't too sure cause the legs were crossed, and that was our second guess for a girl. I don't think they can see the ovaries in the u/s, since they only look for 3 lines or a little penis. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope.  I'm not sure they can even see the ovaries on the u/s.  This is my 3rd girl and I've never seen the tech measure the ovaries.

I'd say you're still safely on Team Green.  :D

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    Yes, our tech did measure her ovaries.

• Options
    I don't think our tech did, but she pointed out the 3 lines.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. They do not measure ovaries as far as i know.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Not that I know of. I'm sure you're still Team Green =)
  • Options
    We had an u/s student do the first part of the u/s, then the regular tech come and do everything again (it was a long u/s). Because they did it this way they didn't show us any of the genitalia. I have no clue about if they measured the babies ovaries.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageverona_1999:
    I don't think my u/s tech measured ovaries.  I didn't even see ovaries though!  Just the 3 little lines.

This exactly

• Options
    If our tech did measure ovaries I didn't notice and she didn't mention it in the sizing images. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i asked this once with one of my other girls and the tech said that they are too small to see, so i would say no to ovaries :)
  • Options
    No, when I had my US we already knew i was having a girl-cause i was already five months- so I really dont remember seeing two round things in my ultrasound pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"