Parenting after 35
Options

NPR: Need hostess gift ideas

We're visiting my cousin and her family and staying with them for 4 days.  I know we should bring something, but I'm really at a loss.  The last time I visited, it was just me so I brought some fancy chocolates and took my cousin out to lunch.  But now it's also DH and DS, so I feel like it should be something more...but we're flying...so it can't be too big.  I guess we could take them out to dinner, but there are 5 of them, so that could be pretty pricey.

Any ideas?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: NPR: Need hostess gift ideas

• Options

What about something like a Family Video or Blockbuster gift card, or if they do/do not have Netflix, a one month Netflix gift subscription would only be around $10.  If they have kids and are like me, I never get to a movie in the theatre.

Not sure how much you want to spend,but another idea might be a set of holiday hand towels, like a couple of Fall hand towels or Halloween, etc. That shouldn't take up too much room to pack. Another idea might be a fun Halloween picture frame with a picture of your family in it.  Kohl's and Target have some cute ones.  I rarely print of pictures now that all of mine are digital, and if they wanted, they could pack the frame away with their Seasonal decor each year.  You could also get them all a pair of fun socks, my aunt got me some Halloween socks when she came to my Fall Family Festival, and I loved it, plus it wasn't too pricey, just a little thank you. Not sure what the ages are, but most kids/teens, love that stuff.

You could also order something to have it delivered after you leave.  For example, you can get a tin of like 40 Mrs. Fields mini cookies, etc. for around $30, and you can specify when you want it delivered, then you wouldn't have to take it on the plane, but it would arrive right after you left.

• Options
    Maybe show up with flowers and, instead of taking them out to dinner, fix a really nice dinner at their place?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get some wine and offer to cook dinner for all at their place.  Or better yet, offer to babysit so they get a free night out.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Thanks, ladies!  My cousin's DH is a gourmet chef (hobby, not profession) so they probably wouldn't want me cooking!  HA!  Their kids are kind of past the babysitter age (18, 15, 10).  But you've definitely given me some good ideas! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"