Michigan Babies

HI there!

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

I'm not only new here but I'm also an expectant first time mom. It wasn't really a shock for us. We kind of expected that it would happen sooner or later and we are both really excited!

We are 24 and 26 and we're getting married next August (a few short months after the baby will be here). I don't really have much in the way of questions but I was wondering some thoughts on home births and hospital births and what everyone's thoughts were on that. 

Thanks!

Re: HI there!

• This board is waaaay slow, post on your month board or trimester board if you want lost of answers :) I had a rather traumatic hospital birth, I fear if I were home I would have bled to death! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hi! congrats on the baby! hubby and i are also expecting our first in may.  we are excited and i would have really liked to have a home birth but we have health insurance and in terms of cost effectivness we will be delivering at the hospital :(.  have you looked for a midwife yet?  when i was looking for one i got in touch with yolanda visser.  i talked to her on the phone a few times and was really looking forward to going through my pregnancy with her.  she was SUPER nice and soooo knowledgeable. she is a home birth midwife and based on just the few times that i talked to her i would highly suggest her!  my heart broke a little when i found out my health ins deductable was only $500 because i really wanted to work with her.  i think its something like $2500 to work with her and that includes everything. if i didnt have health ins or i had a higher deductable i would totally go the home birth route.  here is the link to her website:https://www.birthsonggr.com/
    good luck with whatever you choose!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"