Indiana Babies
Options

Opinions please...

As you know DH and I have been trying to conceive for a few months now. I went off BCP in January, but we avoided the first couple months before TTC. I got my first 4 cycles on my own-40 days, 36 days, 40 days, then 29 days long. My 5th cycle ended with Provera after 61 days. I was hoping Provera would do the trick to help regulate things; however, I have not had a period since that round of Provera and am now nearing CD 70!! I have never had a problem with annovulation, but I had been on BCP since I was 16 due to heavy, long, painful periods. There is no history of thyroid problems or PCOS in my family (2 big causes of annovulation).

Anyways, to my question. Do you think I should wait things out and see if I regulate on my own? Do you think I should see my OB/GYN? I hate to start testing so early if there isn't a need. I don't really have any other symptoms/problems besides the fact I am not ovulating, but I am also going crazy and stressing waiting for something to happen!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Opinions please...

• Options

imagefaupanda:
    They tried inducing my period at around 60 days and it didn't happen, I called them and we set up an ultrasound - I was 8 weeks pregnant.  You might want to call your dr.

I had a period after finishing Provera (withdrawal bleeding technically). I just haven't gotten another one on my own since then. It could be that I am pregnant and it is not registering on a HPT; however, I'm not holding my breath on that since I clearly wasn't pregnant when I got to 60 days last time. 

Did you have a + HPT? It does worry me I could mess things up taking Provera again...

• Options
    i also don't know if i have any experience or great advice to offer, but i just wanted to say i'm sorry things aren't going so well for you ttc.  i would probably call the doctor to see what they say.   i hope you get things worked out soon and that a BFP is in your *near* future!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call my dr bc I don't have any patients. I would be going crazy waiting. 
  • Options
    I'm really sorry that your cycles are so long and that you're struggling with them. In your last cycle there was a pretty definite temp shift, so I would look at that as a really positive thing. I think that the answer to your question depends on how long you're willing to wait. You've got a lot of good data to take to your dr already, and it does seem like you might need another dose of Provera to end this cycle. Preliminary testing (bloodwork, ultrasound, etc) isn't really a big deal and might help you find some answers (and is covered by insurance usually). I would just be cautious about your OB's plan of treatment and keep in mind that OBs are good at taking care of you once you're pregnant, but aren't all great at helping you get pregnant. An example - lots of OBs will do bloodwork on CD 21 to see if you ovulated. If you don't ovulate on CD14 (and few of us do), these results really will mean nothing to you. So I guess my final answer is to go to the dr with your charts if you're ready to get things moving, but just be careful in choosing your treatment plan and go directly to an RE if you're not comfortable with what your OB is saying. I hope to see a BFP announcement from you soon!
  • Options
    I would call your Dr.  It seems a little odd that your cycles were a somewhat "normal" length at first and now are so long.  (Which may be your normal.)  But I'd want to get checked out to make sure there's nothing else going on. 
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageSweetTea*83:
    I'm really sorry that your cycles are so long and that you're struggling with them. In your last cycle there was a pretty definite temp shift, so I would look at that as a really positive thing. I think that the answer to your question depends on how long you're willing to wait. You've got a lot of good data to take to your dr already, and it does seem like you might need another dose of Provera to end this cycle. Preliminary testing (bloodwork, ultrasound, etc) isn't really a big deal and might help you find some answers (and is covered by insurance usually). I would just be cautious about your OB's plan of treatment and keep in mind that OBs are good at taking care of you once you're pregnant, but aren't all great at helping you get pregnant. An example - lots of OBs will do bloodwork on CD 21 to see if you ovulated. If you don't ovulate on CD14 (and few of us do), these results really will mean nothing to you. So I guess my final answer is to go to the dr with your charts if you're ready to get things moving, but just be careful in choosing your treatment plan and go directly to an RE if you're not comfortable with what your OB is saying. I hope to see a BFP announcement from you soon!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Despite DH hoping that I would give things a little more time and "relax" :) I caved today and called my OB/GYN's office. They made me an appointment immediately for tomorrow and told me to bring along charts, etc. I hope that it will go okay. If not, do you think an RE would have a problem seeing me already? We have been trying for 6 months, but I am well under 35.

• Options
    imagebrithil:

imageSweetTea*83:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Despite DH hoping that I would give things a little more time and "relax" :) I caved today and called my OB/GYN's office. They made me an appointment immediately for tomorrow and told me to bring along charts, etc. I hope that it will go okay. If not, do you think an RE would have a problem seeing me already? We have been trying for 6 months, but I am well under 35.

I think the rule is to wait a year TTC if you are under 35 and 6 months if you are over 35.  However, if you have known problems (such as long cycles), then I believe most people say its ok to seek treatment sooner.  Good luck!

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"