Potty Training

Pooping on the potty

How do I get DD to poop on the potty? She got peeing pretty much down pat but she has never pooped yet (been a month). She has a hard time to begin wtih (been on mirilax and mineral oil) but now that she is in big girl underwear she holds it even more and we can go from 3-5 days without her going and then it finally comes out like a baseball. Any advice?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pooping on the potty

• We had to up the Miralax.  We hadn't used it since the boys were infants, but once they started using the potty Nathan started holding it again and it was bad.  We did get 2 books - Everyone Poops and It Hurts when I Poop.  My brother picked up the 2nd one and I think it's weird, but Everyone Poops is great!  Nathan took about 2 months to go on the potty, but the holding was so bad that I gave him credit at that point for pooping anywhere at all.  We just took a totally laid back approach, encouraged him to poop, he knew he'd get a prize, and eventually he did it, but we still give a 1/2 capful of miralax everyday now.

• Ds wouldn't go on the potty for the first 3 weeks of potty training.  I could tell when he would start to go, and if he did some in his undies, we put that in the potty and then I would praise him and tell him "that's where poo poo goes, not in your undeis".  I would also put him on the potty after and tell him to "put more poo-poos in the potty.  Eventually he did, and we made a HUGE deal of it.  I found these little cars (bigger than his usual hot wheels) on sale, so they became the special prize for #2s.  

He is WAY more consistent with pooping on the potty than peeing.  We still have several accidents a day with the peeing and NONE for pooping, and we are about 5 weeks in now.  You'll get there - hang in!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any advice for you, as we can't get 2.5yo son to poop on the potty, and we've been PT for about 2 months now.  We have bribes of toy cars in the closet, and have explained that every big kid poops on the potty, gosh, tried everything.. but he still sneaks under tables or in corners to poop in his diaper.  He's very good at peeing on the potty when prompted.. I'm hoping that he's just not that well connected with his body yet to recognize with enough time that he has to go. 

Don't get discouraged... I read somewhere that it'll happen when it happens, and that you don't hear of un-potty trained kids graduating high school :)  

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"