Orange County Babies
Options

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital??

Has anyone delivered there?? If so, what was your experience? Pros and Cons? I haven't made up my mind on what hospital but I have chosen my ob/gyn and she only delivers there. I would love any feedback! Thanks y'all. Smile

Re: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital??

• Options
    I delivered my daughter there in 1994 (she just turned 17!) and it was a terrible experience. Throughout my pregnancy I had to be seen there in the ER twice, once they almost took me in for an x-ray although I was visibly pregnant, because they had mixed up my file with another patient's. My anasthesiologist came very late in the delivery, the nurses were unfriendly and disorganized, and overall it was a miserable time. I had my 2 month old son at UCI in Orange and I would strongly recommend you look into there, we got top-notch care. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    my dr delivers there but since i have a PPO she automatically tried to steer me towards delivering @ Hoag. lol-- I took a hint from that-- but hope someone else has a good answer!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    09 gave birth. pros: keeping baby in your room, lc was there, for the most part pretty friendly staff. cons: had c section and they kept him in the nursery for the rest of the night, they gave him formula instead of waking me up to bf.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I delivered both kids there because my dr only delivers there. 2008 and 2011. I had really good experiences.

PROs: The best nurses. Sweet and caring. Really quiet maternity floor (i guess everyone else is at hoag. LOL). You get lots of attention. Even the food is ok.

CONs: Old hospital so the rooms and your private bathroom/shower look run down.

• Options
    I've had all four of my boys there and every time, it has been a pleasant experience!!! The doctors and nurses are all very friendly and attentive!Big Smile
  • Options
    Thank you all for your reply! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"