VBAC
Options

Going to my first ICAN meeting

I've lurked on here a bit and this is where I learned the ICAN even exists and now I'm headed to a meeting tomorrow night.  So, thank you!

There are only 18 members in the yahoo group so I anticipate it will be small.  Any ideas on what else to expect?  What usually happens at a typical meeting?  I'm excited to meet others who I have something in common with as most women I know IRL who've had sections, either already had their VBAC or do not care so much about having one.  I'm also hoping they can point me in the direction of a better OBGYN and hospital.  

Thanks for reading and I hope to be on this board more regularly someday 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!

Re: Going to my first ICAN meeting

• Options

I went to my first meeting a month or two ago.... it was good, although I'm not sure I'm going to become an active member.  In my group, they tend to alternate between meetings that focus on VBACs and meetings that focus on C/S recovery and stories, etc.  I went to the VBAC meeting, another meeting specifically about planning for a VBAC and we also had a special showing of the Business of Being Born movies a couple months ago (and again when the second part comes out).  All in all, it was great to connect with other women on the same page as me, and I love having them as a resource as I attempt my VBAC!  

Good luck and have fun! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My little town doesn't even have an ICAN chapter (nor do any of the other little towns around me). I really wish we did. All the women I know IRL who have had csections had great experiences with them and act like I'm crazy to even be attempting a VBAC. Hope you enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yay! I'm so glad you know about ICAN and are seeking support.

Our meetings are typically pretty small and informal. We meet at Panera and sit around and discuss the given topic that week. If there is someone new we usually all introduce ourselves and like to hear about the newbie and how we can help/offer support. Sometimes there is a specific topic of discussion or a speaker, sometimes there isn't.

Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"