December 2011 Moms

How is the 3rd trimester treating everyone?

I'm just starting to notice a difference in how I felt in the second trimester and how I'm feeling now. Basically, I felt like Superwoman during the second trimester and was wishing I would be pregnant forever! And now I'm starting to feel like crap. I could easily sleep 18 hours a day, my back is killing me, BH galore and I feel like someone is sneaking into my room while I sleep and kicking me in the vagina over and over again! 

How is everyone else holding up?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How is the 3rd trimester treating everyone?

• imagecdymond:

I feel like someone is sneaking into my room while I sleep and kicking me in the vagina over and over again! 

THIS!!!! just rolling over in bed is HORRID! I feel like I'm hitting a wall...no endurance, 3 hour naps, can't get off the floor or out of DH's car without assistance...all these months I wanted my belly and here it is and I want it gone! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES!! It takes me a minimum of 90 seconds to get off the couch. At one point today I wanted to go get a drink, and after a minute of rocking myself and preparing to stand up, I just gave up and leaned back into the couch. DH looked at me like I was crazy, but I can barely walk across the room for how bad my vagina hurts - and it wakes me up in the middle of the night throbbing when I move! I didn't expect this symptom at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • Today I feel awesome....other days not so much!  I am loving it though, every minute. I can't believe I only have 10 weeks to go...
  • Its been a breeze until about 2 weeks ago.  Now it feels like someone has punched my vagina when I wake up, I have to roll off the bed to get up, I have to push or pull myself off the couch, and if I'm on the floor I look like a turtle on its back! Forget getting up without help there! I've got cramps in my butt cheeks (oh yea, thats one nobody ever told me about), my nipples feel like they just got pinched all the time, I'm running to the bathroom every 10 minutes and these darn BH are whooping my butt!  

But in the end its worth it to see my little girl healthy and happy :)  

<<<< But it still feels good to let it out!>>>>> 

image  image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Its been a breeze until about 2 weeks ago.  Now it feels like someone has punched my vagina when I wake up, I have to roll off the bed to get up, I have to push or pull myself off the couch, and if I'm on the floor I look like a turtle on its back! Forget getting up without help there! I've got cramps in my butt cheeks (oh yea, thats one nobody ever told me about), my nipples feel like they just got pinched all the time, I'm running to the bathroom every 10 minutes and these darn BH are whooping my butt!  But in the end its worth it to see my little girl healthy and happy :)  <<<< But it still feels good to let it out!>>>>> 
    image  image  image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebuggywhips:
    Today I feel awesome....other days not so much!  I am loving it though, every minute. I can't believe I only have 10 weeks to go...

I really, really wish I were this enthusiastic.  I'm miserable.  Between night sweats, non-stop pelvic pain, heartburn, and the onset of depression because I feel too huge and sick to get anything done...I'm wondering how I'm going to make it.  I keep trying to remember that this will end, and we'll finally have our little family, but it's so hard to feel this way when those around you are so excited.

• I am actually feeling pretty good. My weight hasn't changed in the last 3 weeks or maybe more and I have a pretty good level of energy. I think the energy change may be due to the iron supplements that I started taking this week.

It is a little difficult to "get around" and I got very upset this morning when I couldn't get my swollen feet into a single pair of my cowboy boots. Sad 

• I'm so over being pregnant! My back pain has just made me hate it so much! I can't even sit at my dining room table anymore, even with 2 pillows on the chairs :( so I how have a TV tray in front of the couch!!

Obviously it'll all be worth it and will hopefully be able to keep LO cooking for another month (will be full term on 11/12), so I'm just hoping the time flies! 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I'm tired.  I usually have to lie down when I get home from work and being on my feet all day.  I can't poop, I always feel full, my wedding rings are getting tighter and tighter, I have insomnia, etc.  

But all in all, so thankful to feel this way because it means I'm pregnant! 

• Im doing alright and just grateful to be in the 3rd trimester! (We had a preterm labour scare at 27 weeks and it hasn't been easy... 1st tri was horrible!) but I will say it is harder to things I used to take for granted i.e. tying up my shoes, getting off the couch etc but my energy levels have been ok. The only thing that is really irritates me is getting up to pee... 100000 times a night..... but it's all worth it!! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I am definitely getting more tired and lazy, but overall I'm feeling pretty good. My ankles do swell after a long day, and my belly is getting bigger and bigger, but I'm doing all right. Some daily annoyances are restless legs, heartburn, constantly peeing and my GD diet. Some daily awesome things are feeling her move, decorating the nursery and thinking about being parents. Can't wait!!
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •    Well aside for the terrible back pain and really badly clicking pelvic bone, I am usually feeling alright. Been very tired though. Doesn't help that I have been in school since Week 26. 12 hr days of school and driving combined is definitely taking a toll on me. I have had some mild nausea in the morning(usually only weekends) when I sleep in and don't eat before 9:30 am. I could do without feeling out of breathe so easily but that was bound to happen. I still greatly enjoy all of LO's movement, haven't had too many issues with vagina kicks, more tingling bladder punches. Or maybe head butts? I am looking forward to be full blown nesting. Getting enough energy to get my house cleaned up for baby but after this last long weekend(thanksgiving) I have been moving fairly slow.

One week of school. Then I will be starting my mat leave :) and baby's due date is just 7 short weeks away !! HOORAY HOORAY...All I want is for a healthy baby to come when he or she is darn well ready. I will suffer all I have to in order to achieve that ! That said. Please be kind to me baby...:):)

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012
  • I feel pretty good but I realize I'm not as far into the 3rd tri as some of you are. My belly isn't that big yet but I've definitely noticed that it has grown this week. I've also been a little more tired this week than usual. I slept 12 hours both Friday and Saturday nights. Nothing too bad yet though.

• I feel much better this time around than I did with DS1..... but I am getting really uncomfortable!  It feels like someone took a baseball bat to my crotch.  I grunt and groan while getting off the floor or couch or putting my shoes on.  I also forgot how awful it feels when I can't get a deep breath.  But, I can't compain too much.... this pregnancy has been SOOOOOO much better than the first :)

Cheeks? What cheeks?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • omfreakingod! I was kicked so hard in the pelvis this morning, it felt like baby was trying to get out! lol sick of the pain in my hips, the nonstop kicks to the bladder....but know in the end it will be worth it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I really can't complain too much...in general, I still feel great. 

My energy level is decent, but don't ask me to do anything after 8pm.  Heartburn (or maybe it's acid reflux...I don't know the difference) comes and goes randomly...but I'm always able to make it go away with just one or two Tums.  I can still exercise every morning (30-45 min on the elliptical)...but getting up of the couch leaves me out of breath! 

I just figure that every day that goes by that I'm feeling well is one day I won't be incredibly uncomfortable :)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually feel fine throughout the day, but then I get home, sit and relax and BAM every bad pregnancy symptom seems to hit me at once. The leg cramps, the BH, the heartburn, the back ache. Then I get into bed and I cant roll over without cringing in pain because my vagina hurts so bad! It's so weird that it only hurts when I am laying down! I think that because I'm so busy during the day, that I either don't notice the discomforts as much, or  I'm so uncomfortable at night because I go so hard all day long.

Feeling like crap at night makes me dread going to work every single day, because I wake up still feeling exhausted. I have no motivation anymore and I feel so lazy! It's terrible!  BUT, I just keep reminding myself that I did this to myself and it's ALL COMPLETELY WORTH IT, so I try really hard not to complain to much about it!

• Honestly, in all my pregnancies the 1st trimester was by far the toughest. I threw-up daily with my first and lost 20lbs. I was nauseous 24/7 with my second, and my third pregnancy (this one) I was diagnosed with hyperemesis (SEVERE nausea and vomiting) bad enough to put me on medical leave for 6 weeks. Second trimester was always a blessing. Third trimester was easy up until about 36 weeks in my first two pregnancies, but with this pregnancy I feel bigger, more sore (back), more tired and have "symptoms" (BH, sore boobs, etc) early-on. I'm only 29w and feel like I'm 36.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lol I'm very tired all the time, I waddle, I'm miserable at work, I can't even enjoy hopping cuz I get too soare! Everything hurts including my ribs, back, bladder and pelvis. I pee every five minutes and sometimes I just start crying and can't stop fr stupid reasons too! I have no control over my emotions! I want baby out now but also want her o grow and be healthy. It feels like d day is millions of years away but t the same time I'm enjoying my sleep and peace and selfish luxuries lol
  • I agree that the second trimester was awesome and I am glad that I enjoyed it so much, since this one is a little rougher. My biggest complaints are the sore back, generally unable to move easily as a result of my big belly and, most recently, bad cramping in the bottom and sides of my belly. I think I finally figure it out on Saturday that it is trapped gas. Lovely. So I've been doing versions of downward dog and trying to relax which actually helps get it out and makes DH laugh hysterically. Back rubs also tend to help, I can't believe that used to lead to other fun stuff, now I am asking DH for them so I can get the gas out. I guess this is that whole losing a bit of the romance and mystery part of pregnancy...

Sep14 February Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Movie - A Knight's Tale

Happily welcomed healthy baby girl December 2011.

Excited to welcome a new addition September 2014!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am just really tired of the rib pain.  My ribs started hurting late in the second trimester and it's pretty much constant. It hurts to sit at my desk all day, it hurts to lay down.. but I'm trying to make the best of it because I know my LO really needs to bake as long as possible and I'm grateful that he seems to be doing well, he's very active.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"