South Florida Babies

What do u think? OB-GYN related

I LOVE my OB.  I have been seeing him for over 6 yrs now.  He's very sweet and cares for his patients.  During our OB rotations (5 in practice), we met with one in particular that we clicked with very well.  Turns out to be friends with a good friend of ours, so we even went to Happy Hr once with him and wife while I was pg.  Now, he's going on our yearly family vacations (big group of go to West coast FL).

After the pg, he took VERY good care of me!  Called us Sun early to see how I was feeling (and he was not on call), avoided me going to ER, etc (I had VERY high blood pressure after delivery).  He even kept me in hospital longer so I could be with boys while they were in NICU.  He actually wanted to deliver the boys when they discovered I was preE, but my OB wanted too, so we waited 12 hrs for when he was on shift.  I'd love for him to deliver any future kids we may have and be my OB, but not too comforable with him being GYN considering I'll be seeing him a lot out of the office.

He mentioned to my SIL once that he was disappointed that I hadn't switched to him after boys were born (I went for annual checkup about a month after released from pp).  But really, we haven't made that decision.

Any opinions?!  Very random thought, yes.  No I'm not pg, and we are a few months away from THINKING about it.  :)

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What do u think? OB-GYN related

• imagecocojack10:

I LOVE my OB.  I have been seeing him for over 6 yrs now.  He's very sweet and cares for his patients.  During our OB rotations (5 in practice), we met with one in particular that we clicked with very well.  Turns out to be friends with a good friend of ours, so we even went to Happy Hr once with him and wife while I was pg.  Now, he's going on our yearly family vacations (big group of go to West coast FL).

After the pg, he took VERY good care of me!  Called us Sun early to see how I was feeling (and he was not on call), avoided me going to ER, etc (I had VERY high blood pressure after delivery).  He even kept me in hospital longer so I could be with boys while they were in NICU.  He actually wanted to deliver the boys when they discovered I was preE, but my OB wanted too, so we waited 12 hrs for when he was on shift.  I'd love for him to deliver any future kids we may have and be my OB, but not too comforable with him being GYN considering I'll be seeing him a lot out of the office.

He mentioned to my SIL once that he was disappointed that I hadn't switched to him after boys were born (I went for annual checkup about a month after released from pp).  But really, we haven't made that decision.

Any opinions?!  Very random thought, yes.  No I'm not pg, and we are a few months away from THINKING about it.  :)

My question is would you be comfortable if you are friends outside of your patient/doctor relationship when he examines you and delivers your next baby/ies???  If you are and are up for switching, great....if not, then explain that to him.  Either way you seem to be in good hands.

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • It really depends on your comfort level with having a male friend being your doctor. To be honest, I either say you keep him as your OBGYN or you don't. Having him only as an OB but not GYN is a little confusing. Plus, I find that OB is more "invasive" than GYN; so if you don't feel comfortable with him being your GYN, then I would reconsider the Ob part. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I agree, your comfort supersedes his feelings. As a healthcare provider, he sees pelvic exams as routine and therefore may not understand your feelings. However, it would be even more awkward to switch to him, not feel comfortable, and then find another gyn. Just something to consider. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAlbah:
    It really depends on your comfort level with having a male friend being your doctor. To be honest, I either say you keep him as your OBGYN or you don't. Having him only as an OB but not GYN is a little confusing. Plus, I find that OB is more "invasive" than GYN; so if you don't feel comfortable with him being your GYN, then I would reconsider the Ob part. 

I def wouldn't have 2 diff docs.  Stragely, I'd feel more comfortable with him as OB than GYN... maybe bc I know I'm cSection?!  LOl  But then if I switch to him, I feel bad for my original doc (same practice and he's the head)!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He is still going to see you from the waist down during the c-section AND when you get pregnant and you schedule your new-OB appointment, he would be the one doing your pelvic exam to check and make sure everything feels right down there. Are you prepared for that?

Personally I would just keep that outside the friendship and keep the old OB as your OBGYN. I have had family friends as my doctor before (regular doctor) and now that I have a new doctor (our family friend retired), I really love that he does not have a personal connection with my family and that it is a separation of personal and professional.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"