Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby K'Tan sizing?

I'm thinking of registering for a Baby K'Tan and I was wondering what experiences people have with sizing? Here is the size guide:

Sizing Carrier Size XS S M L XL Women Dress Size 0-4 6-8 10-12 14-16 18-22

To those who have one, is this accurate or do you think they run large or small?

Also is there some room to adjust to make it more snug or loose?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby K'Tan sizing?

• Options
    I just tried one on at a store and purchased it last week, but I haven't used it yet since baby isn't here yet.  I think it's true to size based on their size chart.  There didn't seem to be a way to make it more snug so I would err towards the smaller size if you think you're in-between sizes.  
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Options
    I think it's weird that they size by dress size because that differs with brand. Not only that, but my current size is definity not my pre-pregnancy size! Anyway, I'm 5'8" and currently 146 lbs and I comfortably carry my 4 month, 17 pound baby boy in a medium Baby K'tan. It's comfortable and easy to use. We like it. Good luck :) I use it daily and have to wash/dry it about every 2 weeks because it starts to stretch out and needs to shrink back up.
    imageDS born 6/11/11, miscarriage on 8/6/2012 at 10w5d, miscarriage on 12/29/13 at 5w4d, BFP #4 on 2/21/2104 at 3w4d - EDD 11/3/2014 ♡

Would you like to read/follow my blog?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was pretty worried about that when I purchased mine as well. If you follow the chart and use the Sizing Tips, the fit will be accurate. I was still a little nervous since I am smaller at the top and larger at the hips (I wear a 6 at the top and an 8-10 below so I was lost!) so I called their customer service line. They got me into the exact fit. I would say you should call to be sure.

Good luck! I promise you will love it!!

• Options
    we love our k'tan. i found their size chart (and also their sizing tips) to be really accurate. i was between a xs and s and am short, so they told me to get the xs size (i called them too just to double check, lol) and it fits perfect. their tips say that if youre between sizes, you should get the smaller one and it was right. you cant really adjust it after you put it on, but you can wash and dry it to tighten it up a bit if you feel that it stretched a bit after a bunch of use.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone!
  • Options
    I am about 125lbs, 5'3 and use an XS. I had a S, but it was way too big and my little girl kept sliding down into it so I exchanged it for an XS and its much better. It definitely stretches out after a few uses, so you need to wash it to re-shrink it back down. Go with their sizing, its pretty accurate. 
  • Options
    yeah ive heard they run big so to get the smaller size when in doubt
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"