Parenting after 35

XP: Bedwetters- Come In

-->

My DD#1 (7yrs old) has VCR and had 2 kidney procedures a few years ago. She still wets the bed about 2-3x's a week and wears Pull-Ups/Good nights. I suffered with it until I was 11/12, my mom was a bed wetter and her mom was also. Here's my question- what do you put your DD or DS in? We stop liquids early in the evening and she uses the restroom before bed (all that general avoidance stuff). She isn't bothered by it because I haven't raised her to be self-conscious of it but her and I were both wondering what other people do.. :)

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

TIA!

Re: XP: Bedwetters- Come In

• I was a bedwetter until 2nd year of college.  Lived in the dorms for a year - that was awkward.  I used a rubber sheet and washed my sheets every single day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wasn't a bedwetter, but a friend's little sister was when I was growing up and she had rubber sheets.
  • Loading the player...
  • My neice is turning 10 and has the same condition. SIL still uses Goodnights with her and has a plastic mattress cover and a pad on her bed too. Brain fart - can't think of what they are called, they are about 3'x3' and they use them on hospital beds so you can just trade out the pad for a dry one intead of the sheet. Not talking about the blue disposable ones, these are cloth on one side with a water resistant backing. I had dozens from when L was on dialysis at home, and gave her some.
  • Both of my sons wet the bed until they were about 10. At age 7 I took them in to the Dr. and he prescribed a medication that they took every night.  It didn't stop accidents 100%, but I would say about 90% of the time from then on they woke up dry.  I forget what the medication was now, but it was a godsend.  They could have sleepovers with friends and not have to worry so much about it.  I would really recommend the medication. 

I am also currently going back to school and the psychologist that is my professor mentioned one day that he could help bedwetters with a pretty high success rate using hypnosis. He would cue them to wake up when their bladder is full.   I have not tried that so I don't know how effective that is, but it's an alternate idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"