November 2011 Moms

will i feel the baby flip?

this may be a really stupid, stupid question..of course i can feel the baby moving around, but when and if the baby flips to head down, will it be an intense feeling? i wonder what being pregnant with a baby in the launch position feels like, this child has been in my ribs for over 10 weeks, if not longer, so uncomfortable...the only positive is that I don't pee 24-7 because the baby isn't sitting on my bladder
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: will i feel the baby flip?

• I would guess that when you feel that bladder pressure you will know that the baby has flipped. But I'm sure that's not true of everyone...My peanut has been head down for a few weeks and their head is right on my bladder! I have to pee evetytime I stand up and have seen every bathroon in NW Indiana!
  • It could be because I'm short, but my LO has been head down for a few weeks now and I've got the bladder pressure AND his feet all up in my ribs. Not fun! I don't recall feeling him flip but he's very active and always bouncing around in there. Even now. I've got a serious athlete for a son already it seems :)
  • Loading the player...
  • This LO has flipped from transverse to head down twice since Week 27, and both times I was pretty nauseated for a day or so with different parts of my insides getting squished. After that calmed down, I just experience the bladder pressure like PP said.
  • My uterus gets sore when she changes positions. Ive never actively felt it happen but Ive woken up with some pretty weird belly shapes and a lot of soreness. Shes been mostly head down since week 25 but shes not always on my bladder, she has her butt beneath my right ribcage most of the time. When she does move down some though it feels like i have a bladder infection. I can just feel my bladder being pinched and i have to pee all the time just like everyone else has said... but I can breathe better and it hurts less when shes low then when shes up in my ribs. Are you sure that shes is breech? She could be head-down but just not dropped yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't feel the actual "flip" persay, but I noticed that the movements changed a bit.  They went from little pokes and kicks to full on swipes across the entire stomach and more intense pushes in a concentrated area, if that makes sense.  Plus the fact that I feel like I have to pee all the time like PPs have said.  My growth u/s last week showed that we were head down and in position, so that confirmed it for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Up until the last week or so, my baby was constantly flipping- transverse, breech , head down-ish.....OUCH it was very very uncomfortable and I'd sometimes let out a little shriek of pain....thank goodness this baby has settled into head down position for a few days now.  But I think you will know it when he/she flips. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I felt LO flip, it wasn't an intense feeling...it was a big roll. It felt funny but not intense.

I've had horrible hip and groin pain for months, and LO only flipped a few weeks ago...so I don't really feel a difference there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not always. My little guy has flipped three times. I just notice that I go from having difficultly in the bathroom to no problem then difficulty.

By difficulty I mean emptying  my bladder or that it has slowed down so that it takes longer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • My baby flipped from transverse to head down at around 35-36 weeks. I didn't feel a thing. I pictured feeling some huge movement but it wasn't the case for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"