Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Cramping after drinking green tea

Just curious if any of you have had the same experience as me. 

I'm trying the "drink green tea CD1-O" thing this cycle... I'm only on CD4 but have already noticed a pattern of cramps during and after I have my daily cup. It's like period cramps but not as intense - still pretty uncomfortable though.

I googled it and found many people complaining of the same thing. Some even mentioned it causing lower back pain... which I've had the past 4 days too! And I never get lower back pain - only upper/shoulders.

I know the FAQ for this board mentions that green tea can cause uterine contractions, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happening.

I'm thinking today was my last cup of green tea. I really need help with EWCM production, but I lean towards believing that if something makes me feel bad/physically uncomfortable, I probably shouldn't do it!

Anywho, any of you ladies get this crampy feeling too?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cramping after drinking green tea

• Options
    Try drinking more water to increase your CM
  • Options

I have heard of it causing contrations also. My husband and my mother both got on a kick to drink green tea - 1 week after drinking a cup every day my husband passed out at work and was taken to the ER - apparantly, the green tea knocked a kidney stone loose and he passed out from the pain at work.  2 days after that, my mother complained of lower back pain - she went to the ER and was ALSO diagnosed with kidney stones - same thing happened. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekrniemoth:

I have heard of it causing contrations also. My husband and my mother both got on a kick to drink green tea - 1 week after drinking a cup every day my husband passed out at work and was taken to the ER - apparantly, the green tea knocked a kidney stone loose and he passed out from the pain at work.  2 days after that, my mother complained of lower back pain - she went to the ER and was ALSO diagnosed with kidney stones - same thing happened. 

Eeek that freaks me out!

• Options
    imagekrniemoth:

I'm not sure if you are saying you think green tea caused the kidney stones, but this likely happened from either increase the amount of liquid they drank or the diuretic effect of caffiene.

• Options

imagemlynb:
    Try drinking more water to increase your CM

Agreed! I think that is your best bet.

• Options
    I did green tea for 1 cycle and was fine... tried it the next cycle and had unbelievable cramps. I stopped it and upped my liquid intake instead,
    Wow it all makes sence now, I didn't realize untill you said something but I have just started drinking the green tea and come to think of it yesterday after a hot cup of green tea I had some cramping like ovary cramping. Then today I had some cold green tea and same thing! I thought it was just whatever, could be the tea. Idk.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"