May 2011 Moms
Options

Clicky Poll: Working

Just curious to see what everyone is doing.[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky Poll: Working

• Options
    I am a SAHM...have been since DS1 was born.  Before he was born, I was a teacher.  I have kept my credential current, and a friend of mine needed a sub yesterday, so I went in to sub for him.  It was hard work, and I was exhausted, but I really enjoyed some adult conversations, and having a lunch hour!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working outside of the home a little more than 1/2 time and am home with LO the majority of the time.  I really love our schedule and my work/life balance.  Sure, every time I go to work I wish I could stay home and when I've been home several days in a row, I look forward to work.  Guess that means it's just the perfect balance for me :-)  When I'm at work, LO is home with DH with the exception of about 5 hours on Wednesdays when he goes to MIL/FIL's house.  All is working out quite well.   
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was a stay at home pregnant lady for pretty much the whole pregnancy. I got a bit bored sometimes but enjoyed relaxing.

Now I'm a stay at home mom and I love it! It certainly has its trying moments, but I know this was the right choice for me. And I'm never bored. 

• Options

I'm SAHM because I'm still on mat leave.  I'll go back to work part time (teacher) in May.  

If we could afford it, I would be a SAHM until we're done having kids and they're in school.  But we cant, and with teaching here, its better to stay in, as its hard getting back in.  I guess ideally I'd work 1 or 2 days a week. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm a mommy who works full-time outside of the home at a college. The boys are at our on-campus daycare all day (the building next to mine) so I do get to go over and see them at lunch.

For the most part, I'm happy with this situation. I'd love to work part-time but the daycare is all or nothing with price so it would not be cost-efficient. I would not want to stay at home full-time, even though I love being with my boys. I wish I could just bring them in my office with me, LOL. 

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM.  Our plan is to stay home until LO is 16 months which means I'll go back to teaching next September.  Right now I'm really happy staying at home.  I can't imagine leaving him with anyone all day long.  I have a feeling that by the time I do go back to work I'll be ready.  
  • Options
    I am a SAHM. It's hard work but I love it.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm a SAHM, well technically I'm still on mat leave but I'm not planning on going back. 

I'm loving it so far.   It's a bit lonely because we moved to a new province when LO was 4 weeks old but because I'm not working I've been able to join a lot of mommy/baby classes so I've been able to meet a lot of new people and I love not being chained to a desk all day.   I also love that when DH has a day off,  so do I and we can actually go out to do things together instead of just running errands. Not to mention hanging out with baby all day is pretty fun. I think I'm definitely a homebody type person.

I really respect all you working moms... I don't know how you do it. 

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I work part time. I enjoy the two days each week I get to SAH.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a full-time student, but I consider myself a SAHM because I'm home with V most of the time.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I work full-time and DH is (mostly) a SAHD. It's worked out really well for us baby-wise, but DH and I don't see each other much, especially since he works two jobs on the weekends while I'm home.
  • Options
    I am currently working FT but wish I could work PT or work a few days at home. I do like going to work so I can interact with adults and so DD can start to learn social skills at daycare, but I would like a little more time with DD during the week. Unfortunately, I carry our health insurance, so PT isn't an option. Maybe FT wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have an hour long commute each way.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Options
    I work from home, but Mason is still going to daycare Sad

• Options

I'm a SAHM, but I am taxing taxprep classes right now and I'll work PT as a tax preparer in the tax season. 

Just felt like I needed to do something with my mind and have some adult interaction.  Having the extra money will mean we can go on a vacation too.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I work 20 hours a week, three days a week. I have a long commute so in reality I am gone about 26 hours. I wish we could afford for me to be a full time SAHM. I miss my son like crazy when I am at work and my husband and I are exhausted. We can't afford child care (LO was a surprise) so we are switching off with our work schedules, I work mornings he works evenings.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • Options
    I teach part-time. M-TH 12-4 and Fridays I usually work mornings since I don't have kids that day. It's perfect for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I work full time but do longer days so I'm only out of the house 3 days per week.  I love my job and love my little girl but couldn't imagine not working so it feels like the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    I was a full time working mommy. But Dh and I worked opposite shifts, so the stress of finding a babysitter when needed, and not ever having family time... it wasn't worth it so we decided for me to be a SAHM. And I'm much happier, so is Dh and DD. Plus we get family time all the time now, which is most important to me.
    My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • Options
    I really enjoy staying at home with DD, but I do miss the social aspects of my job.  I used to be an English teacher though, so I definitely do not miss coming home to hours of essays to grade on a regular basis.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I never thought I'd be a SAHM. I enjoyed my life outside of the home, but once DS came along, and the opportunity arose financially for me to stay home, it wasn't a choice in my mind. I miss the day to day routine of work, the relationships with coworkers and clients, etc.  I also miss the paycheck Wink

I find the hardest part for me about staying at home is keeping my sense of identity. I'm struggling with this and find myself depressed on some days because I am cleaning, cooking, and watching my kid. And then  it repeats the next day. Can be mundane at times.  I'm trying to get out of this rut. Joined a playgroup, which helps a lot. And I went back to the gym last night which I think really will help a lot.

With that said, I wouldn't change staying at home. I am very grateful to be able to do so.

• Options
    I'm a sahm. I love it, but it has been an adjustment. I can definitely relate to SFBay. We moved here right before DD was born & I still haven't made many friends here yet. Still, I feel very lucky to be able to be home with her- it's a dream come true!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"