Maine Babies

BF mamas

DS eats every 1.5 to 2 hours right now. How long is it before he will start to stretch that out to 2.5 to 3 hours? I'm tired. LOL

Re: BF mamas

• a month or two, or three.... :)

i know - it seems like it's all you do, but hang in there! it's worth it

• imageMeantToBeWed:

a month or two, or three.... :)

i know - it seems like it's all you do, but hang in there! it's worth it

I know it's totally worth it. I'd just like a little longer stretch at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm jealous KJ was about 30 minutes on 30 minutes off for the first 3 months and then he stretched to about 30 minutes on and about 2 hours off, guess that's why I had such a huge supply.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Avery started sleeping longer stretches (3-4 hrs ) around 3.5 - 4 weeks.  It is only in the beginning of the night, and after that she is up every 2-3 hrs to eat.  Last night she actually slept for almost 6 hrs!  Hang in there - it will get better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We saw a difference around 4w it started to get longer especially at night but from what I have heard it depends on the baby
    Janine image image image
  • DD still eats every 2-3 hours during the day.  But she's now sleeping 8 hours at night, thankfully.  She started going more than 4 hours between night feedings pretty much right at a month old.  Hang in there!  It gets better, I promise! 
  • how are you feeding him?  I only feed one breast per feeding and that way Avery is getting more of the hind milk that has more fat content and therefore keeps her fuller and so she doesn't want/need to feed as often.  She's always gone about 3 hours between feedings and 4-5 at night
  • imagesdkrlm:
    how are you feeding him?  I only feed one breast per feeding and that way Avery is getting more of the hind milk that has more fat content and therefore keeps her fuller and so she doesn't want/need to feed as often.  She's always gone about 3 hours between feedings and 4-5 at night

he just gets one breast at a time. He nurses for 10-12 minutes then he unlatches. Maybe he's not eating long enough?

• not necessarily - he might just be a very efficient eater...however, since he's only 2 weeks old - have you tried burping him when he unlatches and then putting him back to the breast?  I know Avery can't eat if she has to burp or poop or fart...
  • imagesdkrlm:
    not necessarily - he might just be a very efficient eater...however, since he's only 2 weeks old - have you tried burping him when he unlatches and then putting him back to the breast?? I know Avery can't eat if she has to burp or poop or fart...

Do try that...burp then put back on.?

• imageMeantToBeWed:

imagesdkrlm:
    not necessarily - he might just be a very efficient eater...however, since he's only 2 weeks old - have you tried burping him when he unlatches and then putting him back to the breast?  I know Avery can't eat if she has to burp or poop or fart...

Do try that...burp then put back on. 

I do. Sometimes he latches back on other times he won't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"