TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Update on me

I haven't written a post in a little while because we were on a break after my most recent c/p, but we are getting back into the game this cycle.  I have been going to acupunture again and we are going to do a couple of IUI's.  At my WTF appt with the RE I basically said that we did 2 unmedicated IUI's last year - 1 didn't work, 1 did, but I had a c/p.  Then this year we have done 2 IVF's - 1 didn't work, 1 did, but I had a c/p.  So I feel like I went through 2 invasive procedures for nothing.  Nothing different anyway.

She did say that it was most likely egg/embryo quality, but that she doesn't think there is no chance for me, so she is supportive of trying a couple IUI's again.  Unmedicated to not stress my 38 year old ovaries, since I do ovulate on my own.  She did suggest some vitamins for DH and his MFI.  He is taking fertility blend and co-q 10, as well as omega 3.  I am also taking the co-q 10 and omega 3.  There are studies that say the co-q 10 helps with sperm and a study that says it may help with egg quality too. 

She did say that they would give me a discounted IVF cycle, since we have had 2 failed cycles.  The little insurance we had is gone now, so we will be 100% OOP.  So a discount would be great, but I want to try at least 3 IUI's first. 

I will admit I am feeling kind of numb about it all.  Some days I feel hopeful and other days I am uncertain.  I just want it to work so badly, but even if I do get pregnant, with 4 losses under my belt, getting pregnant really doesn't mean much - it's the staying that way that matters. 

So, we are giving it all we can.  I guess that's all we can do really.  My RE did say something interesting, she said "it's the people who keep trying who have success."  I guess she's right, it's just hard - after 2 1/2 years - to keep going.  Yet, the alternative isn't going to make me happy for certain. 

Thanks for reading.  I love you ladies and I always keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Have some cake on me!!

Image Detail

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update on me

• Options

I will be keeping everything crossed for you that the IUI does the trick and you won't need the discounted IVF.  I know how cynical 4 losses can make you and I understand feeling numb and having trouble being optimistic so I will continue to be very optimistic for you and send all the positive thoughts and prayers I have your way!  We love you to hun and we're always here whenever you need us!!! ((HUGS))

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Options
    imagecutebride73:

I will admit I am feeling kind of numb about it all.  Some days I feel hopeful and other days I am uncertain.  I just want it to work so badly.

I totally understand feeling like this-its such a roller coaster!  If this IUI doesn't work we are moving to IVF, and while I'm scared of the actual procedure, I think I'm more scared it won't work, and how I'll be able to handle it!

I do hope the IUI's work for you! FX and HUGS!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is great that they would give you a discount on the IVF.  Hopefully you won't have to get that far & with the next IUI will get you your take home baby.  I can only imagine how drained you must feel at this point.  I am glad you aren't giving up.  Your doc is right, it is the people that keep trying that have success.  A friend from college had 4 losses, one one of them after IVF. She went on to have 3 healthy pregnancies 1 from IUI, 1 IVF & one "naturally"... that one was a major surprise, since they were told it wouldn't happen naturally.  I guess I am just trying to say that there is hope.  There are times when it might not feel that way, but it's always there when ready.  

Fingers, toes, eyes & anything else I can cross are crossed for you!!

BFP #1 2/8/2008 - Evan born 10/3/2008 via c/s @ 38wks
    BFP #2 12/31/2010 (EDD 9/1/11) -- Natrual m/c 1/9/10
    BFP #3 12/20/2011 - EDD 8/25/12
    u/s 1/6/12 - HB & beautiful bean
    A/S 4/2 - It's a Girl!!!
    RCS on 8/20/12
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope the IUI works too! Good luck! FX!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    *hugs* I so hope that the IUI works and results in your sticky baby. After everything you've been through it only seems fair. I really enjoyed acupuncture when I was doing it.
  • Options

imageGuppyAmy:
    *hugs* I so hope that the IUI works and results in your sticky baby. After everything you've been through it only seems fair. I really enjoyed acupuncture when I was doing it.

Hi sweets!!  Look how far along you are already!!  I lurk on PGAL sometimes - I am glad that things are going so well for you!!  I am just really glad to "see" you. 

I do really like acupuncture too - I just don't like the cost.  This is the 2nd place I've gone, I really feel like they have a better fertility protocol.  They do different points during different parts of my cycle, where the previous place did the same points every time.  Anyway, I am trying to be positive because I know being negative doesn't do me any good.  Thanks for stopping by my post.  :-)     

• Options
    Thanks ladies for all your kind words.  I love this board!! 
  • Options
    imagecutebride73:

imageGuppyAmy:

Hi sweets!!  Look how far along you are already!!  I lurk on PGAL sometimes - I am glad that things are going so well for you!!  I am just really glad to "see" you. 

I do really like acupuncture too - I just don't like the cost.  This is the 2nd place I've gone, I really feel like they have a better fertility protocol.  They do different points during different parts of my cycle, where the previous place did the same points every time.  Anyway, I am trying to be positive because I know being negative doesn't do me any good.  Thanks for stopping by my post.  :-)     

Thank you hun! I lurk regularly here. I actually stopped because of the cost but it sounds like you found a better place. My SIL switched places and got pregnant, unfortunately it was ectopic but she stopped going right around when it would have been implanting so who knows if it would have changed anything. So hopefully this will make a big difference for you! Fingers crossed!

• Options
    Good luck with your IUI.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

I'm glad you're back in the game with a really great plan too!! I really hope the IUI will get you pregnant and stay pregnant. 

Good luck hun!!  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    Good luck! My FX are crossed for you!! *hugs*
  • Options
    Good luck w/ the IUI!  I'll be keeping you in my T&P.

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    Wishing, Hoping and Praying for success for you.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options

Yummy looking cake!

Sounds like you have a good plan worked out.  I'm glad they will offer you a discounted rate on the IVF, let's hope you will not neet it though.  This whole TTCAL thing is full of good days and bad.  One day you are certain what you are doing is going to work, the next you are ready to give up.  We are here for you on the good days, and even more on the bad.

GL hun, I'll be thinking of you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Options
    Hey, I had success after FOUR years, so you CAN do it!  GL, I hope for the best for you guys!
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am crossing my fingers for you.  I can only imagine how hard it is to stay optimistic with four losses.  I have had two losses and too many bumps in my IF journey to even count.  So like you, when I got PG in May, it was very hard to get excited knowing that it could be short lasting.  I guess intuition is right, because I had a CP shortly after.  I hope that your next cycle is your lucky one and not only results in a BFP, but also a take home baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Best of luck on your upcoming cycles!  I hope the IUI's do the trick and there will be no need for another IVF!

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    Good luck with your IUIs. It's so hard sometimes to keep trying, but I like what your RE said. I will keep everything crossed that you won't need to do IVF again.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Thanks again ladies!  You are all so sweet.  Looks like I got an unexpectedly early + OPK today so things are moving forward.  I will call the RE tomorrow and most likely go in for my IUI on Friday.  Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"