May 2011 Moms

So, what's your LO doing now?

My lil' Kingston is 5 months today and I am still in awe as if he was just born yesterday.  So far, he can't quite sit up by himself but he attempts to push his body up to stand. He babbles constantly and sometimes smacks his lips like he's "kissing" but it's not on cue; just at random moments. He doesn't roll over much but attempts to crawl. He wakes up in the middle of the night with a wimpering cry, I rub his bottom a bit and he goes right back to bed. My DH is even more obsessed with LO. He 's made up a ton of songs that he sings to him, lol.
218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So, what's your LO doing now?

• Ellie rolls around a lot, especially back to belly.  She pulls her knees up sometimes and puts her butt in the air like she wants to crawl, but then just slides her legs flat again.  I think she needs to figure out the hand/arm part that goes along with crawling.  But she scoots a little bit that way, lol  Lots of rotating and scooting.

Lately we've been getting a lot of giggles out of her.  The word "mama" was cracking her up for some reason the other day, I love it! 

Above all else, she still just loves to stand.  Whenever she starts fussing, we stand her up and she gets a huge smile.  Such a goodball :)

• LO is definitely getting her own personality.  She does not attempt to roll much unless there is something she really wants or is mad, but she is getting better and better at sitting by herself.  She can sit by herself for a few seconds and then fall over but every day she is getting better at it.  She has started to become very vocal just this week and will continually talk to us or herself.  During bath time yesterday she played with toys in the tub and cried that I took her out.  SO glad that I have an hour to go before I get to see her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Mason constantly cracks me up! He is ALWAYS talking, whether it be to Mickey Mouse or me or heck, even to himself. He loves rolling over from his back to his belly, will sit in the Bumbo seat with the tray on and play with his toys, puts EVERYTHING he can into his mouth, and he is getting so much better at eating. Now that we have given him squash, he will get mad if we don't feed him fast enough!

• So may things and it varies by day! It looks like he figures out how to do something and he keeps doing it all day, next day he forgets completely lol. Right now he figures out how to arch his back so if we're holding him he goes back making his body almost go limp lol. He's been blowing raspberries and spit bubbles for quite sometime but it's still one of his fave activities. He's also doing this "scream" that sounds like a high pitch "ooyy" it's hilarious. He's also gotten super grabby, you better not be holding anything near you or he'll go for it! The one thing I think it's adorable is how when he's really tired and he's nursing he "pets" his head and face. I've always caressed his head and face when nursing and now that his fine motor skills are getting better it melts my heart to se him run his tiny hand all over his head and face :)
  • Can you believe how big our babes have gotten so fast?  

Brady is now semi-mobile, in the fact that he rolls front to back and back to front both ways.  He's never where you leave him.  He rolls and ends up all over his crib, which is starting to interfere with his sleep.  He's starting to rise up on his knees, which is wigging me out.

He's chatty and smiley, and once or twice a week we can get the super awesome belly laugh.  It is the best sound I have ever heard. He's also learned how to whine. He'll whine and warn before crying. He plays strange with people other than DH and I, and gives a high pitched scream before the cry to let them know how unhappy he is.

He loves grabbing hair and can hold so many more things. He's fast. He's getting excited watching the cats and trying to get to them.  He's learning to bounce in the jumperoo.  He can't sit up or stay up by himself, but he LOVES to stand.  

He's starting to watch food like everything else in the world goes away when it comes out.

Essentially, he is absolutely perfect. :) 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO is super rolly. She rolls in the direction of toys that she wants and will go all the way across the room if you don't stop her. She loves being held up so that she's standing. She squeals and laughs and smiles all the time. She's the best baby! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Malachi loves to stand and can even do it for a few seconds holding onto something by himself.  He rolls from one side of the room to the other (much to my dismay since my house is far from baby proofed yet.)  He sits with help.  He is always blowing raspberries and makes a few sounds now maa, heyy, baa.  He is getting really good at putting anything and everything into his mouth.

He can get his butt in the air, but can't seem to figure out his arms yet.  He loves to play with toys that light up and is always smiling.  He just recently started reaching for people and is attempting to wave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Evan's working on rolling back to front. He has front to back down. He loves to "growl". Learned how to grab his toes and put them in his mouth. Was blowing raspberries like a fool but now not so much. Loves to stand when you hold him. Grabs at everything within his reach. He's quite chatty. Will entertain himself for stretches up to 30 minutes.  He's learning to actually jump in his jumperoo, instead of just play with the toys.  It's hilarious...he gets this wild look in his eyes. His little personality is developing and I love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine loves to talk. Her favorite toys right now are stuffed animals! She LOVES babbling to them. In the store when she is in the stroller, I can just hold one at eye level and she will "talk" to it for the entire trip.

She also has been rolling both ways. She is getting really good at rolling back to front; however still doesn't roll front to back nearly as much.

She loves to stand, and is itching to stand by herself.  

My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"