Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Anyone quitting after their maternity leave?

I planned on turning in my notice prior to going on maternity leave. My friend who is a vice president in my company told me to quit after I come back from my maternity leave. Isn't this wrong? IF, big fat IF, I decide to do this, how long will I have to work when I come back to not have to pay back??

Re: Anyone quitting after their maternity leave?

• Options
    Talk to your HR rep about your options. 
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options
    Yes talking to your HR rep would be a good place to start making that descicion. But I choose to quit before. I had started my own in home business with Mary Kay and its allowing me to have the freedom that I need to take care of my son but im still making the same amount of money that I was in the corp world. Maybe you could look into something like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it really depends on what kind of "leave" you are taking. We don't qualify for FMLA since we have fewer than 50 people, so we have to use personal/sick time and/or go unpaid. If your company offers paid leave (without using your PTO/sick), you might have to pay something back. I'd highly suggest talking to HR.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Be careful.  If you read your HR handbook, some companies require you to reimburse insurance premiums and other costs you used while on FMLA if you quit and don't come back.

• Options
    I'm showing ppl a REAL way to earn some extra income during these tough economic times using their spare time. I've helped 100's, you could be next! I am working a recession proof business better then Mary Kay. My son is almost 4 months old, and working from home has allowed me to bond with him. I did not want him to go to day care and go back to work. Inbox me for details pls I can help you. The information I want to share with you change my life and the new life of my newborn.
    RT & R2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"