Kansas Babies
Options

Wichita Area Moms

Hey. I am new to all this message board stuff so bare with me. But I have a question for anyone who wants to answer. Did you go to St. Joe or Wesley for your birth? I am in a pickle on which one to go to because I have heard good/bad about both hospitals. So, I need some advice.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wichita Area Moms

• Options
    I was literally getting ready to post this exact question.  We are already registered at Wesley since it's close to our OBGYN's office and she recommended it.  We were told that the only way we would have our baby at the BirthCare Center (which is what we would prefer) is if I go into labor on my own.  If I have any complications between now and then, then we will have to go to the main hospital.  If I'm induced we also have to go to the main hospital since it's our first baby.  I'm curious about other's experience with Wesley as well.
  • Options
    Great minds think alike I guess! And that's the same for me. I have all my info up at Wesley and its close for my OB, but then again I heard Wesley isn't a great hospital. People have been telling me to go to St. Joe and I am stuck in a bubble. I just some more input before I make the final decision.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my baby at Wesley and had a wonderful experience. The main thing is will your insurance let you go to St. Joe? I would take that into consideration as well. Everyone will  have an opinion on everything. I'm not saying your baby will have problems but Wesley is the best for pediatric care. Good luck.
  • Options
    I have been up and down on which to choose as well. Originally I had though St Joe but with Wesley having the stand alone birthing center I switched to there. I think that when I get a little closer I am going to tour both hospitals and make a choice from there.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options

Hey, We know eachother through friends and I think we have had this convo just the other day, but I had one of my kids at each, and my daughter was born at Wesley and thank God because she was way early and the NICU over there is the best. Yet we had our oldest at St. Joe and had a little problems with the staff over there with me only being 16 when I had him. So I'ms sure it will all be different when we have this one! Let me know what you decide. It all depends on how this baby is where we will have him/her. Best of luck :))

• Options
    I was admitted to Wesley at 33 weeks with some complications.  That's where my MFM practices.  I actually gave birth at St. Joe at 36 weeks.  That's where my OB practices.  Of the two, I enjoyed my experience at St. Joe more.  The rooms were nicer, the staff was nicer, and I was VERY comfortable with the NICU at St. Joe.  HTH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had my son at Wesley and would do it again in a heart beat. Everyone there was great. I choose Wesley because we knew our son was going to require a NICU stay and the care at Wesley is just so much better. Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    If you are breastfeeding, I would definitely recommend Via Christi!  My friend had hers at Wesley and got no help whatsoever with it.  Their Lactation Clinic is great, too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers First-time mother over 40!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"