June 2011 Moms

Random Question: Do you still love LO's name?

2»

Re: Random Question: Do you still love LO's name?

• Absolutely love her name still! And if she's as sentimental as DH and I...she'll love it too and how she came to have it! On my mom's side there is a trend of names beginning with K... My mom and my aunts, their kids, and me, so I decided since my DH's name is Kevin, I would carry the K thing onto DD. The middle name was a piece of cake. His middle name is Lee, so we went with Leigh for her middle name. Kallysta Leigh. Most of the time we call her Kally... We were sold on Kallysta after we found out the meaning was most beautiful. It's an added bonus that it's not very popular around here! =)
    forum
  • I still love DD's first name, and I think it suits her very well. I am a little "WTF were we thinking?!" about her middle name, though. I kinda wish we had just gone with a family name for her middle name and left it at that, instead of going with something we thought was pretty and unique. Oh well, too late now!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetaitai07:
    I still love DD's first name, and I think it suits her very well. I am a little "WTF were we thinking?!" about her middle name, though. I kinda wish we had just gone with a family name for her middle name and left it at that, instead of going with something we thought was pretty and unique. Oh well, too late now!

What is her middle name?  I hated mine growing up (Sunshine) because it was unique for a name but as an adult, I have grown to love it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love C's name!  The only thing I don't like is that people do occasionally call her CaroLYN instead of CaroLINE (and it's usually my mom and MIL!). I'm not sure if it fits her yet but I'm sure it will.

As far as nicknames we mainly call her unrelated nns like pumpkin, bug, etc but as far as her name we will call her C or CK (first & middle initial).  And sometimes MH just calls her by her middle name because that is what he wanted to name her.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageAeL347:

Loving DD's name.  Love that it is older, classic, and unique - Lucille - but we call her 'Lucy' and her nickname is "Lucy Goose" or "Goose" or "Goo" - we love it.

Lucy is perfect for her now... and maybe someday she'll be a cute little 'ol Grandma Lucille :)  We get lots of compliments on our DD's names: Layla & Lucy. 

My grandma's name is Lucille and her identical twin is Cecille :)

My DS name is Miguel. We picked it because I wanted a french name b/c of my background. DH is into sportbike riding and Miguel Duhamel is a professional sportbike rider. On the day DS was born we were so surprised that its the same birthday as said rider. How ironic! DH started calling DS Miggy which I know if he would have mentioned that when i was PG I would have said "absolutely not!" but its grown on me. When DS gets older we'll call him Migs so its not so baby-ish. I love his name and I find it suits him well :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside <3 <br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married to the Milk Man
  • imageBrandySun:

imagetaitai07:
    I still love DD's first name, and I think it suits her very well. I am a little "WTF were we thinking?!" about her middle name, though. I kinda wish we had just gone with a family name for her middle name and left it at that, instead of going with something we thought was pretty and unique. Oh well, too late now!

What is her middle name?  I hated mine growing up (Sunshine) because it was unique for a name but as an adult, I have grown to love it.

It's Ashlynn, definitely not as unique as Sunshine! And actually, I'm starting to think that it's not as unique as we thought it was, because my 15-year-old cousin told me that she knows a few Ashlynns in her grade.

I like Sunshine :-) I knew a kid named Beyond Joy in college...I guess his parents were pretty psyched about him when he was born! I went to a hippie school, can you tell?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope-- never loved it, still don't, but DH picked it out, he was completely head over heels for it, and still is :)

Her middle name is after my grandmother and similar to my middle name-- I always knew it would be that.

Nickname, we call her Cam or Cammie- My best friend we call "C" so I couldn't use that! (We also call her husband C2 and her upcoming baby boy C3--- I think Cam just might be destined to marry into that family...)

Bonus-- I now get exclusive naming rights for the next baby!!

• Still love it!  We call him both Tyler and Ty, but mostly Ty.  In regards to liking nicknames, we actually LOVED Ty first and DH wanted to name him Tyson, which I really dislike and Tyler was sort of a compromise.  As soon as I suggested it instead of Tyson we "knew" though.  

As for his middle name - I was hesitant at first to go with Frank because it's just so "old" but he was born on Father's Day so it was sort of a gift to DH.  When I was getting ready to push I looked at DH and said his middle name will be Frank and I could just see how much it meant for him.  

Sometimes I wish we'd used Robert as his middle name, but we chose not to because it's DHs name but it would have been after my grandfather, though unfortunately most people would assume it was after DH.  Had I known that my grandfather would pass away 7 weeks later I would have insisted on Robert. 

• DD's name is Shannon and I love it and I think it fits her.  Shannon is not a common name right now which I think is awesome.  I wanted to pick a name that people would know but that wasn't used much.  The only nickname I call her is Shannin-Bananin but that is mostly just at home.
  • Yes I still love his name and it seems to suit him.  We call him bugaboo or just bug (Si just doesn't sound good).  My 4 year old niece calls him Silas Bidilas
    Loving life with two boys who are 10 months apart and can't wait for team green baby to join us and thinking daily about our angel who was with us for a very short time. (CP at 4 weeks and 5 days) Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagetaitai07:
    imageBrandySun:

imagetaitai07:

It's Ashlynn, definitely not as unique as Sunshine! And actually, I'm starting to think that it's not as unique as we thought it was, because my 15-year-old cousin told me that she knows a few Ashlynns in her grade.

I like Sunshine :-) I knew a kid named Beyond Joy in college...I guess his parents were pretty psyched about him when he was born! I went to a hippie school, can you tell?

My sisters name is Ashlynne

Loving life with two boys who are 10 months apart and can't wait for team green baby to join us and thinking daily about our angel who was with us for a very short time. (CP at 4 weeks and 5 days) Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I still love their names. I think that Abigail and Lillian go together really well. Usually I call them Abby and Lil. I am so glad that I still love the names. I have to say, I was worried about Abby because it was not my favorite; it was just the one my DH and I could agree on, but it suits her really well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"