Washington Babies

SAHM's

does anybody work from home? What do you do? Avon, Mary Kay, Beautycontrol, Candles, Jewelry, anything.. I am trying to see if there is any way I can bring more income home without having to put DS in daycare.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SAHM's

• I would recommend cross posting this on the SAHM board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sold Pampered Chef for awhile. You really have to be willing to make phone calls and push people into hosting parties. Your income is based on how many orders you get and how much those orders are.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A friend of mine is doing on-line training now to do medical transcription. Just a thought...
  • I have two co-workers who sell Premier Design Jewelry. It's cute stuff, and they make bank on their commissions.
  • Are you crafty at all?  There are several of us here that have Etsy shops with different types of products.
  • I'd suggest selling stuff on etsy or watching someone else's kids a couple days a week. Personally, I wouldn't want to watch other children 5 days a week, but I could do 1-3, then your LO will get some playmates as well. :)
  • It depends on what your background is. Do you have a skill or can you make a product. Do you like to sell things like Mary Kay or Avon?

I am technically a WAHM, not a SAHM because I need to bring an income into our home. I am a graphic designer for a software company, and then I also have an Etsy shop. 

Look at what your strengths are and see if you can find a job to suit that! GL!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• hehe.  Stay off the Money Matters board, they will eat you alive for this one. 
  • Thanks for the help. You know, I think I was just really losing my mind yesterday.. We just moved here in mid-July and DH has worked non-stop since then. He has only had a couple days off and has worked about 12hrs each day. So what this is really about is being stir crazy and feeling like I need more validation for being a SAHM. I lose sight of the fact that its a really important job and that I am too busy for anything else at this point because I want to be validated by a paycheck.

I'm not crafty, but I have crafty ideas! I lack the patience for things that required concentration on details!  Oh my..

Well, now that I have vented your heads off.. I have to get back to it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a SAHM anymore, but I sell usborne books.  Love the books, but I'm not so good at persuading people to host parties, and whatnot.  I started my own bookkeeping business and have a few clients where I work from home at hours that are convenient for my family.
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • Unless you have a love for sales, try exploring options like medical transcription. It is an extremely reliable home career and you can choose to pick as much work as you would like. The compensation is also healthy, from what I have heard. However, you may have to take a medical transcription course before starting. A lot of these courses are available online, so you don?t have to worry about going back to school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"