Military Families

How you got your Pediatrician?

We are due in January, and I was curious how you came across your pediatrician. We were given a list of OBs to choose from when I found out I was pregnant, is this the same for the baby? Our OB is not a on base doctor, we have to go downtown for any appointments and for delivery, so I assume the same will be true for a pediatrician.

Thanks!

Re: How you got your Pediatrician?

• From my experience, it seems to vary based on which base you're connected to.  Are you planning to keep the baby on Prime?  I think for the first 60 days, the baby is covered no matter where you go (though I'm sure someone has a different experience or interpretation) and then you either stay in Prime or go to Standard. 

My 2 kids and I are on Standard, so when I was looking for a pedi, I talked to lots of mommy friends and got recommendations.  I called the office of the one we wanted, just to make sure they accept Tricare, and that was it.  Nothing too bad!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My kids are on Standard.  When I was looking for a ped, I asked my OB who they would recomend.  After that, I asked around and found out who my friends used.  You can set up an apt. to interview a doctor to see if you like them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We're on Prime and DS receives treatment through our MTF. They have 2 peds on staff, though I've only ever met his PCM.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had an outside midwifry center o=f throughout the pregnancy since the base we're at doesn't have these services, but for the ped. there was no option. We were assigned to the one at our clinic. I just had him switched to the assigned PCM family practice doctor, since that was my only other option on Prime.
  • Well right after I had DD they gave us a number to call to make her appt. She was set up with a pedi then. We went to her appt and after we met her we got to either stay with her or get a new pedi. We were moving so it didnt really matter that I LOVED her. We had to move back home so then I just had to call around to find a pedi that accepts tricare. Then I went there, I could switch if we wanted but I got lucky and found a really nice pedi on the first shot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"