Trouble TTC

Confused about upcoming RE appt....

I'm really confused and annoyed right now about my RE appt next week and I'm hoping some of you might be able to provide me with realistic expectations since no one else at the office seems to be able to. I've been waiting for AF and it hasn't come - I emailed my OB per her request (so that she could start me on progesterone to induce RE and then do an HSG test) and she never returned my email or phone call. Great. I decided not to do it with her anyway since many of you recommended I wait until the RE appt since they sometimes like to do themselves. Now my DH is going in on Friday for an SA, but he can't come to our initial appt. I called to see if I could be placed on a cancellation list, and was very nice about it, and the woman responded coldly "no, and if you have to reschedule we're booking out to Nov 1st." Ok ***, I waited a month and a half for this appt I'm not cancelling. And then she rudely proceeded to tell me that if DH can't make it, it's going to "slow the whole process down." I'm ready to scream, cry, yell etc. Someone please help - what should my expectations be for next week?
TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: Confused about upcoming RE appt....

• Sorry your having such a hard time! Honestly in our case it was easier with DH there b/c they asked us a ton of medical and family history on each of us-with him not there it may delay the process. Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure why it would slow if your DH doesn't go.  Especially since he's doing his SA before the appt.  My DH did come to the initial appt but it was unnecessary.  He just didn't want to be out of the loop.

What ?'s do you have about your appt? 

ETA:  Have him fill out all the paperwork when he goes on Friday.  That's how we did it and it make the 1st appt easier. 

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok.. I'm confused at why DH not being able to make it will slow your process down?

My first RE appt ever.. DH came and there was absolutely no point in him being there. We talked about family history and things like that but there was not one question that she asked that I coudl not have answered.  The ONLY time DH was ever at the RE appt. was when he did his SA and when we had our very first ultrasound when I finally got pg with DS.  That's it. He's never been in that office otherwise. 

I have an appt. with the RE again on 10/28 after losing my baby at 19 weeks gestation.  DH isn't coming. 

The first RE appt. is really just a consultation.  They didn't do anything except order blood work for me.. not DH.  The next one they did a vaginal ultrasound and made a dx of PCOS

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My RE's office recommends that your partner comes to your first appointment, but I don't see why it would be absolutely necessary.  They mailed us all the initial background / medical history forms so I had that all ready before the actual appointment.  I would give them a call and see if that's an option.  The rest of the appointment was more about me and the Dr explained the testing we needed (which he only needed bw and SA) and possible plan moving forward.  If you took good notes about that, I think you should be fine.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you for the very helpful responses. And PP I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I can't imagine what a difficult time you must be going through. Thank you for taking the opportunity to write to me: I feel a lot better about him not being able to come (after your thoughtful responses). We filled out the paperwork together the other night, and I'm hoping that anything other than that will just be about me. My cycle is the one that's messed up, so even though it could be both of us I'm fairly sure it's my insides that are batty :( But hopefully the RE will be able to sort it out. It's just so hard and frustrating bc we're traveling a lot in November and then the holidays come, it's just so much at once and very overwhelming. Funny how days turn into months....sometimes I just get so sad. But thank you again, I feel better and will give an update after next week.
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • We filled out a boatload of paperwork. H didn't plan to go to the consult and I even missed it. I was at the wrong office, so we did a phone consult instead. RE asked a bunch of questions and then I went to a follow up consult after we'd done all of our testing. H had to get blood work and SA done prior to them agreeing to doing IUI.

PAIF/SAIF welcome
    PCOS-IR / Hypothyroid
    IUI#1-3: 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"