Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When to start using Bumbo?

For those of you who have the bumbo seat, at what age did you start using it?It says that it can be used when your baby has "good head control". My LO is 7 weeks old and is able to hold his head up on his own pretty well, but it is still a little bit wobbly. Do you think that 7 weeks old is too young to start using it?

Re: When to start using Bumbo?

• I started when she was 2 months old a few minutes each time. She doesn't love it yet!
  • LO is 6 weeks and I have been putting him in the seat for a couple minutes at a time. He likes to look around and seems to enjoy it, but I stay right there with my hand ready to support his head if it seems like he about to bobble it back. I'd say try it out but don't take your eyes off him or her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is almost 3 months and I was going to bring it out today to try.  With DS#1, we started using it around 3.5 months for short amounts of time and then very regularly around 5 months.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started about 2 months, but I put the Bumbo on the couch with the boppy upright behind it.  So the cushion of the boppy provides a pillow; otherwise, his head gets leaned back and sometimes he isn't able to keep it upright.  He likes it at first, but hasn't lasted more than about 5 minutes.  I think you can start any time you are ready... if he gets frustrated or can't keep his head up, then maybe give it another week and try again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From the Bumbo website "As soon as your baby can support their own head you can seat them in the Bumbo Seat."

This usually happens by the time babies hit 3-4 months according to most sources I checked.

Personally, 6 weeks seems way too early IMO. But then again, every child is different, so I guess some might be ready that early.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We started using Bumbo around 2 months. To help with head movement we slid a magazing behing LO and drapped a small blanket over magazine for comfort, it worked well!
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

From the Bumbo website "As soon as your baby can support their own head you can seat them in the Bumbo Seat."

This usually happens by the time babies hit 3-4 months according to most sources I checked.

Personally, 6 weeks seems way too early IMO. But then again, every child is different, so I guess some might be ready that early.

I'm with you.  Why chance it?

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"