Babies: 0 - 3 Months

did you send a thank gift to your OB after delivery?

i feel like i should send a thank you gift basket of treats or something like it to my OB and her staff.  my OB went out of her way to make sure i was taken care of and that my c section was handled the way i wanted so that i could see and hold DS right after surgery and that i had a better recovery than i did with my DD.  she really listened to me and followed through on all that she said she would.

did anyone else send something?  thoughts? ideas?

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: did you send a thank gift to your OB after delivery?

• I think it would be nice! Maybe some chocolate somethings... and a simple thank you card, bet it would make her (or his?) day!

We are adopting Hadley, so didn't have to wonder about that question...lol.

• I didn't, but I also didn't have anything out of the ordinary happen. I mean, I like my group, but they didn't do anything above and beyond. If they had, maybe I would have sent them a token appreciation gift. 

I've done it when I've been on the receiving end of other professional courtesies. 

If you really appreciate the service, I'm sure a nice thank you note and a delivery of treats to your OB's office staff would be appreciated. I know from personal experience that doctors' office staffs like edible treats. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I did after my first. I had a long, complicated delivery that kept my OB/family practice Dr. out of her office all day. I'm sure her staff had to deal with crabby patients when canceling appts. that day. I sent a gift basket of fruit and chocolates. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB was out of town when DS was born so I sent him a thank you note for the care I received throughout my pregnancy and a thank you note to the OB who delivered DS. My pregnancy with DD was a completely different story...think cancer diagnosis while pregnant! My OB was awesome as he was in constant contact with my other docs and was an amazing support to DH and I. He went out of his way to make sure that he was there for the delivery so we sent a framed picture of the kids and a bottle of champagne after DDs arrival. We also sent thank you notes and charms to the nurses that took care of DD and I.

With family members in healthcare one of the best things to do for your OB/MW, nurses, and every other provider you come into contact with is to fill out the survey you might get in the mail or send a letter....it can really help a provider's evaluation/review. All to often the only things hospitals hear are negative experiences. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedemmie326:

My OB was out of town when DS was born so I sent him a thank you note for the care I received throughout my pregnancy and a thank you note to the OB who delivered DS. My pregnancy with DD was a completely different story...think cancer diagnosis while pregnant! My OB was awesome as he was in constant contact with my other docs and was an amazing support to DH and I. He went out of his way to make sure that he was there for the delivery so we sent a framed picture of the kids and a bottle of champagne after DDs arrival. We also sent thank you notes and charms to the nurses that took care of DD and I.

With family members in healthcare one of the best things to do for your OB/MW, nurses, and every other provider you come into contact with is to fill out the survey you might get in the mail or send a letter....it can really help a provider's evaluation/review. All to often the only things hospitals hear are negative experiences. 

i JUST filled out the survey that i got in the mail this morning.  i gave them a rave review! 

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • imagesallydraper:

I didn't, but I also didn't have anything out of the ordinary happen. I mean, I like my group, but they didn't do anything above and beyond. If they had, maybe I would have sent them a token appreciation gift. 

I've done it when I've been on the receiving end of other professional courtesies. 

If you really appreciate the service, I'm sure a nice thank you note and a delivery of treats to your OB's office staff would be appreciated. I know from personal experience that doctors' office staffs like edible treats. :) 

This.

I already had to pay to see him just so he could come in the room for 5 mins., ask a few questions and leave. I like the practice, but there was nothing exceptional done.

I do wish we would have sent something to the nurses in the hospital, though. They were pretty amazing in there :) 

• My OB has a small practice - 6 people total.  I gave them 6 boxes of hand made chocolates made by a local candy shop.  Just a few pieces to say thank you.

They took really good care of us, and also helped me to get a few last minute appointments when I was pregnant.  I also had no issues with billing, and they answered all of my questions - even the ones during the middle of the night or on the weekend.

*I took my gift while I was at one of my follow up appointments.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB was not on call but wanted to deliver DD.  She was at the mall 25 minutes away when the nurses called to tell her I was pushing,  She made it just in time.

I sent her an announcement and a thank you card.

• We brought a snack basket for the nurses, but didnt give anything to my OB. She ended up being unable to get to the hospital in time for my delivery, so another doc from the practice delivered for her.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sent DH to DQ my last night for a blizzard and had him bring back a DQ cake for the staff. I also found a recordable thank you card and recorded LO "talking" and sent it to them. I loved my staff!
  • None of ny doctors were on call that weekend - all four! The doctor who was covering for them was amazing. I sent her a picture and wrote a thank you note. I had a few great nurses at the hospital but didn't do anything for them.
  • I promptly paid my bill. Does that count?
  • imageITeachK:

I sent her an announcement and a thank you card.

This. 

imagekatxattack:
    I promptly paid my bill. Does that count?

Yes 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekatxattack:
    I promptly paid my bill. Does that count?

Agreed. 

I'm a little conflicted...I think the expectation should be one that the medical staff do their very best (obviously, when everything is under control and not medically contraindicated) to facilitate things like holding your baby as soon as possible and honoring your requests. 

However, I do think your gesture is very sweet, and a nice show of appreciation because I know not every doctor would try so hard to take care of your wants/requests vs. medical needs.

To answer your question, I didn't send a thank you gift, but as a small gesture I sent them a birth announcement with the sweet little face they helped bring into the world. Wink

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Mo/di baby girls lost at 20w3d due to complications from IUGR 9/2013
    Laproscopic surgery for ruptured ectopic at 7w  2/2014
  • I had a really great experience with everyone that was with us throughout the pregnancy and during delivery (and after!). I sent thank you cards to my OB and his office staff, the nurses at the hospital, a specific nurse at the hospital who went way above and beyond for me, and to my lactation consultant. I felt like everyone was super caring and kind and took really good care of us during a difficult delivery and a slightly complicated pregnancy. I wrote a personal note in each card.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • After having DD I did. I baked a cr@p-ton of cookies and bars and took a basket for the office staff, and one specifically for my doctor.
  • It didn't occur to me to send a gift, but I sent RAVE reviews in the survey and mentioned the best nurses by name.  I guess those help! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I brought a box of chocolates for the staff at the office, and one for my OB to my 6 week appointment along with thank you notes.  I knew everyone by name by the end of my pregnancy so I wanted to do something nice.  I work at a doctors office, and it means a lot when patients remember to say thank you for a job well done :c)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"