Northern California Babies
Options

Bonus/Xmas "gift" for in-home daycare?

Hi ladies. It's been a while since I've been on here (I'm assuming my ticker will say something like 100 weeks pregnant or something crazy!). Seems life after the baby has been a little chaotic to say the least!

I have a question for you experienced women. I am hearing rumors of a "bonus" or "cash gift" that's supposedly standard for in-home daycare providers. I'm fine with that if it is the norm, but I'm trying to budget plan for the holidays and I don't know what this "standard" gift is. 

Here's our situation.... Our provider has 4 kids in her care and is paid $70/day. She gets 2 weeks of paid vacation and all standard holidays. So basically, we pay her for 52 weeks a year. What is "standard"? I've been told anywhere from 1 week's salary to a percentage of her yearly amount (which seems really high). Can anyone offer advice or give me an idea of what you are paying?

We are located in Redwood City, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Christina

Re: Bonus/Xmas "gift" for in-home daycare?

• Options

I have heard the equivalent of anything from 1 week to 1 month. I couldn't afford that last year, and can't this year. Last year I did a Target gc ($25-50), and a homemade baked item.

This year E is in a center so I will be giving her main teacher & the center director GCs for like $20 to a general place like Target or the movies. Just a little something to say thank you.

• Options
    same situation and time off, we pay 1 weeks salary cash bonus +some type of gc in Dec.  BUT I do want to stress that if we were not able to we wouldn't do it.  Don't feel obligated, a thank you note would also work too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have a nanny three days a week. a bonus based off a months salary is nuts - we would be giving her around 1300 bucks! while i love our nanny, that is a little extreme. last year i gave her 100 bucks and a gift certificate for a mani pedi. good luck!
  • Options
    Last year we gave her a gift for her family (about $150) and bought a few toys for the day care as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We gave ours a nice card with a new $100 bill inside last year and will probably do the same this year.
  • Options
    I gave mine a gift card for her favorite nail place.
  • Options

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses!

Christina

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"