Stay at Home Moms

How Long Do You Keep Juice After it's Been Open?

The bottle doesn't say anywhere how long it's fresh.  I'm specifically talking about prune juice - We give DD 4 ounces per day so the thing lasts forever but I'm sure I should throw it out at some point.  How long would you think I'm in the clear?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How Long Do You Keep Juice After it's Been Open?

• I'm interested in this too because my DD gets prune juice occasionally and the bottle sits in the fridge for a long time.  I have never been able to find it in a single serving size!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Me either and, for juice, it's pretty pricey - I can't seem to find it under $4 for a container.  I found a small container at the .99 cent store once but went back a few months later and they no longer carried it.
  • Loading the player...
  • JCMJCM member
    DH is in the beverage industry (the company that owns Minute Maid) & said no longer than 3 days once opened placed in the fridge.  Gerber sells single servings in the baby food isle.  Sometimes I can find it in a 4 pack and other times or stores sell it in the single serve small bottle (CVS & Walgreens).  DD also LOVES baby food prunes too so I give it to her that way too if needed.
  • imageJCM:
    DH is in the beverage industry & said no longer than 3 days once opened placed in the fridge. 

Ummm... oops?
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• We don't drink much juice so I freeze it in ice cube trays or in popsicle molds and thaw as needed (or eat as Popsicles of course).
  • Three days?! That sucks.  I buy the huge containers of Tree Top Apple Juice and keep it in there for at least a month.  Eeeeeeek.
  • I am thinking it was a typo and she meant 3 weeks or months.  Probably weeks.

Unless her DH really did say 3 days....she did say he was in the beverage industry or something like that....maybe he wants to boost sales?  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Bookmark this website! I use it often.

https://www.stilltasty.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"