Infertility
Options

Anyone else already stressing about holidays?

Last Christmas DH and I said that we would go away over Christmas if I wasn't pregnant by the holiday.   We never thought it would come to this.  Tada! Here is is and there will be no chance since we are taking a few months break as we switch REs.  

We have already gotten guilt from both sets of parents for Thanksgiving.  We should be going with DH's family, but they have a number of oops children and often joke that we would be pregnant if we weren't married and just went away fort he weekend.  I don't think I could handle it.   My parents keep saying that this is probably the last Thanksgiving that my grandparents (89 & 87) will host and that I can't miss it.  

Yesterday we were at my parents talking about taking a trip for Christmas.  My mother thought it was just around Christmas, but we are talking about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and basically forget the holiday exists.  She flipped and was not happy at all that we were deciding to go away and not see anyone on Christmas.

Am I the only who is already stressing about the coming holiday season?   I am just dreading it and wish I could skip it all together.

TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 October 2014
Meet with RE March 2015
2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else already stressing about holidays?

• Options

Nope, definitely not. I'm dreading Christmas. I think I can put up with Thanksgiving if we just go to my MIL's, but I really don't think I can do Christmas this year and I asked Mr. Daisies not to make me do it. It turns out he's dreading it too.

Happy holidays my @ss

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH and I were just discussing this last night. This is our first IVF and we will find out if we were successful or not a couple of weeks before Christmas. Either it will be a fantastic Christmas or we will be devastated and will be our worst Holiday season since IF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog

TTC #1 Since June 2007
    April 2008 Diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility
    5 failed IUI cycles
    2009-2011 IF Treatment Break - saving for IVF and TTC on our Own... Praying for a miracle

IVF (Long Lupron) Bravelle & Menopur, ER on 11/4 (Retrieved 17 eggs - 16 mature & 16 fertilized!)3dt on 11/7 (Transfered Two "perfect" 8 Cell 0% Frag Embryos) = BFFN

Nov 2011 - July 2012 Taking time off to heal before FET
    (We have three beautiful frosties waiting for us)

FET August/September 2012 = BFP!!!
    ET (8/31) 2 Expanded Blastocysts & 1 Collapsed Blastocyst
    Beta#1 (9/14) 14dp5dt = 1309 Beta#2 (9/19) 19dp5dt = 7557!! 1st U/S (9/28) 1 Beautiful Heartbeat! 8 Weeks 2 Days 2nd U/S (10/9) Heartrate=184!!! EDD: 5/19/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me, too. This morning I was thinking about spending both T-day and Christmas in our local soup kitchen. Not sure when to broach the subject with DH, who I don't think would like giving up both holidays...
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    Yes. Especially since we can't afford to fly home to see our families (we're military) since we have to save for IVF.

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
    September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
    Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
    Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

• Options

Yeah... holidays really aren't the same. We are debating what we will do this year, too. I've found some cheap flights that I'd love to take advantage of, especially since traveling always helps to literally get away. 

It's so difficult to be around family and those with expectations. People don't typically understand how painful it can be with tons of children running about and older people giving the nudge or asking when children will be a topic. Ugh. I don't look forward to it.  

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Options
    imagemtlaurel:
    Me, too. This morning I was thinking about spending both T-day and Christmas in our local soup kitchen. Not sure when to broach the subject with DH, who I don't think would like giving up both holidays...
    That is a great idea! As much as we would like to get away, I don't think we will really be able to afford it. 
    TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Looks like we all {stressfully} agree.  So glad you brought this up.  DH have spoken about it several times already and he and I agree that we are running for the hills for the holidays!  I just can't handle specifically this holiday season surrounded by all smiles and giggles and stories of who is getting what for what kid.  I know I just won't be able to muster the energy.  Love my family dearly, but I am learning how to say no to functions that only hurt. 

Countless BFN(s)
    Moving to IVF

IVF1 (ICSI): Long Lupron
    6R. 3F. 3DT. 8Cell 1Grade 2Embies. 1Frostie.
    Beta 1/22: 14 Beta 1/24: 24 Beta 1/26: 28
    Round One Result: Chemical Pregnancy

Pressing Forward

IVF2 (ICSI/AH/ACU): Microdose Lupron Flare
    13R. 11F. 5DT. 2TFR'ed. 1Frostie.
    Round Two Result 4/30: Harsh BFN

FET. 2TFR'ed.
    Round Three Result 6/25: BFN
    Where do we go from here?

Moving forward with CCRM in 2013
    ODWU revealed blocked tube(s). Lap 2/15.
    Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Stage IV Endo.
    Finally some (tough) answers.

IVF3 (ICSI/CCS): Antagonist with EPP
    13R. We have 3 CCS Normal Embryos!

Lupron Depot: May 2013 to August 2013
    Long awaited FET on 9/3. 2TFR'ed.
    BFP on FRER 5dp5dt: IN SHOCK!
    Beta1 9/10: 152.7! Beta2 9/12: 378! Beta3 9/14: 1224! 

1st ultrasound 10/1: TWO beautiful heartbeats!  Overjoyed!

• Options
    I am right there with you. I thought for sure I would be KU before last christmas. That was before our azoo dx. If I am not KU for this one I am not sure how well I will handle it. At least thanksgiving this year will be right after ET if everything goes well so that should make it a bit easier. ((hugs)) to everyone. IF sucks enough without holidays!
    imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• Options

I brought up the idea of going away for Christmas and DH won't hear of it. His parents are 82 and 88 so you never know when the last one with them will be so I can understand his position. I also mentioned to my mom how DH said no to going away over the holidays and she would have been upset too. I am looking at going away the week or so before Christmas...

DH doesn't get that I don't want to celebrate the holidays..

Hugs to all.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

Nope, you are definitely not the only one stressing about the holidays!! Actually my DH is having his mTese on 11/22 so we are pretty happy about that taking care of thanksgiving!! He could have had it the week before but this works out better with his work and getting us out of the holiday......We too are trying to go on a vacation during x-mas.... it just seems to me that no one understands if they think we are just sitting home by ourselves. But if we tell them how stressed out we are and we just need to escape that then its ok.

My family doesnt do anything for the holidays ever so its no big deal with them. But my IL's on the other hand go a little nuts.  We have 5 nieces and nephews under the age of 3 and will be having another niece arriving in the beginning of December.  3 of the babies are triplets so it gets crazy.  My MIL is absolutely ridiculous with the presents for the babies.... mountains of them and last year they made all the babies who were like 7 months old at the time attempt to open EVERY gift.  Also she asked us to come over an hour early so that way we could eat separate and then hold the babies while the rest of the family ate together.... Nice.... This was before we found out our dx but it still was very very difficult..... I just do not see what we would even do if with ourselves if we went there.  They make us feel like the holidays only exist for people with babies.

• Options

Yah, I am not looking forward to it either. I want to host Thanksgiving. Christmas will be at my SIL's since she will be on bed rest (she is PG w/twins and is over 40 so her doc is being cautious).

It is going to be an interesting holiday season as my MIL is driving us BSC already.

• Options

::raises hand:: i am so there with you. i told dh i would skip the holidays if i wasnt pg. i am gonna hold strong to it too. i feel like i get guilted into going, ya know.

its too hard to face all the pg relatives i have. we just had a family night last night and i could barely join the baby name conversation. my sil is finding out her baby's gender today and said she would break down crying if she has a girl. Not someone i can be around..

sorry it didnt happen yet. i hope you get to have a nice getaway with your hubby

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Absolutely.  It was a thought I got about an hour or two after getting my BFN.  Here we go again, another Christmas fielding awkward questions from relatives. 
    TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • Options

I have been really dreading the month of November, as my EDD was right after Thanksgiving.  So this year's holiday season is not going to be good for me.  Just thinking about it gets me all upset.

I haven't said anything to Dh yet, not sure how to handle this situation this year.

TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • Options

imageMAbride0808:
    imagemtlaurel:
    That is a great idea! As much as we would like to get away, I don't think we will really be able to afford it. 

Helping strangers in need  is about the only thing I can think of that might make me enjoy the days. Being around family sure as heck ain't gonna do it, and we cannot afford to go away. We'll see if DH puts up a fight...

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options
    imageEMNTOM:

DH and I were just discussing this last night. This is our first IVF and we will find out if we were successful or not a couple of weeks before Christmas. Either it will be a fantastic Christmas or we will be devastated and will be our worst Holiday season since IF.

This for me too except I will be finding out right before Thanksgiving. IVF#1 will make or break this holiday season for me.

Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Options
    I stress every year about the holidays.  It really has very little to do with IF.  More so about Christmas.  We host.  and my parents are divorced.  My mom refuses to be in the same room with my dad.  So we end up having to host two Christmas dinners (one on Christmas Eve and one Day of).  It's ALWAYS an argument who is going to come when.  DH's mom is in a different country so we don't usually see her on Christmas.  In theory this makes things easier.  However, I think it just makes DH annoyed that we have to spend Thanksgiving and two Christmas' with my family.  Yes, stress!
  • Options
    I should have results of IVF #1 by thanksgiving...if its negative I dont think Im going anywhere...Ill have a total breakdown I know it.
    *TTC Since 10/09 *Dx with MFI 05/10 *IUI#1 May 2011 BFN *Switched RE *IVF# 1 November 2011 IVF converted to IUI#2 BFN IVF# 1.2 Jan/Feb 2012 BFP * U/S 03/06/12 Twins!! * Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Yes!!  I am.  I don't know how I will handle the holidays if this cycle fails.

DH and my dad will be out of state on a hunting trip for Thanksgiving, so I'll be stuck going to my Grandma's with my mom. 

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• Options

YES!! My miscarriage was just before Thanksgiving last year, so we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas at all! We didn't even buy presents/put up a tree, as I couldn't handle being in a mall or seeing anyone being joyful.  We tried to go to NYC for a weekend, but I ended up locking myself in the bathroom for hours while I sobbed.

This year, I'm not sure I can make my family understand why I'd want to skip the holidays again. If IVF 1.2 doesn't work, I think we might try to plan a trip. We went to Puerto Rico for Christmas one year...it was AWESOME. Maybe something a little less extravagant, but just as fun.

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    Actually I am excited for them. I have a new niece to celebrate them with. If Im in the midst of an IUI or IVF it will suck a little having to monitor on holidays, but we are pretty pumped to make a baby however or whenever. GL to all!
  • Options
    I go through this every year. My dad got sick during the holidays years ago and died the following February so I find it difficult. My ILs go nuts with Christmas too; it's a huge deal to them, with gifts and parties and all that crap. By Christmas Day, my body ALWAYS gives out. I get sick every single year, either that day, or the day after, which is my MIL's birthday, so there's more activities. Now the IF thing makes it that  much worse. At least there will be house full of dogs since we and my BIL and his wife each have two. But they are also trying and as much as I hate to say it I don't know what I'll do if they announce they're PG during the holidays.

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

• Options

We're not going anywhere for Thanksgiving because I have to work, and I have to say that I'm glad.  If I have to listen to my cousin or my other cousin's wife complain that they want another child and that they don't feel like they should have to wait in order to keep their finances under control, I'll chokeabitch.

Also, I'm contemplating volunteering to work Christmas just so that I don't have to deal with all of the above plus the family drama that goes along with Christmas at my parents'.

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
    hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
    April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
    Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
    Best April Fool's Day ever!
    Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
    Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
    Please be our take home baby.

• Options

The holidays stress me out every year.  DH's parents are divorced, so it's really tricky trying to fit in both his parents and my famiy on Thansgiving and Christmas.  And his mom is super weird . . . she'll come to a holiday dinner with my family if it is at my house, but if my parents or my brother hosts it, she won't come.  Come on!?!?

Like the rest of you, I'm not looking forward to the holidays this year.  Every year I think that this will be the year I can announce our news, oh what a wonderful x-mas present to give our parents . . . but every year I'm in the same boat, with no announcement.  Sad

If all goes as planned, I'll be getting my IVF # 3 results just before Thanksgiving.  This is my last IVF covered by insurance.  If this one fails, I'm not sure how I am going to be able to function over the holidays.  I try to stay positive, but its hard with so many BFNs!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just take an IF cruise over Christmas . . . all IFers . . . no kids . . . no annoying families . . . well I can dream can't I.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"