Postpartum Depression

I need some help please.

Hello Ladies,

I haven't posted in a while. But after my last child was born I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I was on Lexapro 20mg. It was a little too strong for me so I was prescribed 10mg.

Since this has happened I lost my health insurance and could no longer afford my Lexapro and my Rx ran out as well. I attempted to stop taking it. Yeah didn't work out so well. I had a total panic attack this weekend at Walmart to the point that I had to leave my cart in the middle of the store and walk out.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can receive some free or low cost couseling/physciatrics? (sp?). My jobs health insurace sucks! It no longer covers  mental health? I was seeing a counsler once a week and I feel I need to start going back. She helped me in so many ways! I live in the Cincinnati area. Or any websites I can go to for a directory?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need some help please.

• I live in Cincinnati... Try the Lindner Center, or the Hoxworth center also has some psychiatrists there.  Also were you were seeing a therapist at, they may be able to provide low cost sessions. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemikegirl07:

I live in Cincinnati... Try the Lindner Center, or the Hoxworth center also has some psychiatrists there.  Also were you were seeing a therapist at, they may be able to provide low cost sessions. 

A friend of the family is a counsler/social worker and I would talk to her. It was already low cost. I can't afford to pay really anything right now. Me an the father of my children seperated recently. The reason for the loss of my mental health coverage. I feel so horrible about all of it.

I know I need help but am having a very hard time getting it. I spoke with my counsler about my situation but she said she could not do sessions for free. Which sucks because she is friends of my grandparents. She did work with my younger cousin who suffered depression.

My Rx came from my OB. But with the loss of insurance they will not even call anything in because he says he would want to see me again. I can't even pay for an office visit.

I feel like its all crumbling in. With the seperation. With everything. Everything went from picture perfect to total crap hole in 2.5 seconds. I just don't get it!

But, thank you for the references I will be calling them this afternoon and see what I can find out.

• Loading the player...
  • no advice here, but good luck!  I hope you are able to find some free resources!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Does your employer have an Employee Assistance Program.  Most employers have these available for their employees at no cost.  They provide over the phone counseling and face-to-face visits as well.  Ours offers unlimited phone counseling and 6 face-to-face visits.  Unfortunately, the counselor I saw can't prescribe drugs but she said if I needed them we'd work with someone who could.

Have you also tried to get signed up with Medicaid or state health insurance?  

I wish you the best of luck!

• I know exactly how you feel!  I went through the same thing you are and went through meds and everything.  I hated lexapro and weened myself off of it.  Taking a vitamin d and fish oil supplement worked for me with exercise and no caffeine or alcohol.  It was a process and not an over night fix but I have been good ever since.  I literally would melt in public and have full on fight or flight.  I was unable to go to any public place for almost two months and look back on that time never wanting to go back.  I feel for you!  Give my suggestions a try along with whatever else you decide to do.  

Good luck with everything!!  It will get better, I promise.   :)

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • This is not for counseling, but it is an application for free Lexapo. It is from the manufacturer of Lexapro, Forest Pharmaceuticals. 

https://www.forestpharm.com/pap/

A bunch a psychiatric medications can be found at www.needymeds.com too

8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"