April 2012 Moms

Doppler Stupidity

Ok I'm not sure if it is the doppler or me but is it normal for the doppler heart rate monitor to jump a lot? It went from high 130's to low 150's but normally stuck around the 140s. The heartbeat was a lot faster then mine and sounded steady to me. I know that lo is sitting pretty far back since that is what my u/s showed a week and half ago. It is nice to hear baby's heartbeat so I'm not too worried about the jumping but was just curious. I have a sonoline B. Also if you had to buy more gel where did you get it? Thanks for reading all my rambling!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Doppler Stupidity

• Are you referring to the numbers it is displaying? If so, don't even bother looking at those.  Mine will go from the 120's to the 170's with no rhyme or reason.  I would just count the beats yourself.  I know you can count the number in 15 seconds and multiply by 4, but I usually count for 30 seconds and double it.  For the gel, you can use any "gel" product out there. KY works, but I'm still weird buying that.  So instead, I found a baby oil gel product that works really well (by the baby powder and regular baby oil products).  Johnson's makes one, but the Walmart brand was $2 and smells like lavender (very light scent, not overwhelming).  Good luck! Glad you can hear the heartbeat!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSteelCity44:
    Are you referring to the numbers it is displaying? If so, don't even bother looking at those.  Mine will go from the 120's to the 170's with no rhyme or reason.  I would just count the beats yourself.  I know you can count the number in 15 seconds and multiply by 4, but I usually count for 30 seconds and double it.  For the gel, you can use any "gel" product out there. KY works, but I'm still weird buying that.  So instead, I found a baby oil gel product that works really well (by the baby powder and regular baby oil products).  Johnson's makes one, but the Walmart brand was $2 and smells like lavender (very light scent, not overwhelming).  Good luck! Glad you can hear the heartbeat!

This, except I always count for 10 seconds and multiply by 6 (but as long as you get to 60 seconds you can count for 10,15, 20 or 30 and just multiply appropriately I'm sure)

Steel- thanks for the baby oil gel suggestion.. I'm headed out today to buy a new bottle of goo, so I will give that a try :)

WDE!!! Pictures, Images and Photos Auburn Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DD1- 12/26/05 DD2- 4/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • All of the above, and also, aloe vera gel works really well too. Man, I love that doppler!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's completely normal, LO was probably sleeping and woke up.
    due april 10th :))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"