Phoenix Babies
Options

CD, HE washer, hard water moms

This may be too specific of a post, but hey, if you're out there, I need help. I'm asking on the CD board, but here too in case Phoenicians have special hard water ;) 

I have had rash issues with the boys since birth with CDs. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I think the rash is due to ammonia but have tried stripping, vinegar, no vinegar, Calgon, RLR and nothing is working. I am wondering if you use CDs and a HE washer what is your regime? Daily washes? How frequently do you strip? How do you strip? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CD, HE washer, hard water moms

• Options
    Have their urine checked. That could be the issue. My nephews have the same issue and my sister has to use disposables. Their urine is too acidic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

I wash every other day, sometimes 3 days.  Could it be yeast?  If it is a recurring rash with raised red bumps, you might need a prescription for some cream. 

I do a prewash with no detergent, then a full wash, hot/cold rinse, an extra rinse, and then the water plus option.  I use EcoNuts, a tiny amount of Rockin' Green, and the occasional Tea Tree oil. Then I put them out in the sun to dry. 

Have you treated them for yeast would be my question.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegrapeape73:

I wash every other day, sometimes 3 days.  Could it be yeast?  If it is a recurring rash with raised red bumps, you might need a prescription for some cream. 

I do a prewash with no detergent, then a full wash, hot/cold rinse, an extra rinse, and then the water plus option.  I use EcoNuts, a tiny amount of Rockin' Green, and the occasional Tea Tree oil. Then I put them out in the sun to dry. 

Have you treated them for yeast would be my question.

They have had a couple different types of rash. One looks yeasty, red, raised areas in the groin area with the little satellite lesions. Other times it has looked more like a 1st degree burn, just red and inflamed. I have gone through 3 different detergents, calgon, RLR, bleach even, sunning etc. Sometimes the rashes will go away for a while, but they always seem to come back. This is why I am thinking something must be wrong with my daily routine. I am just so frustrated right now.  I have thrown my hands in the air several times and said, "That's it. We're changing to disposables." But then I feel guilty about all the waste and expense and put them back in cloth. Then I feel guilty because they get rashes and put them back in disposables. I just wish I could figure out what is at the root of the problem. 

Maybe I'll strip again, use the tea tree oil, sun and leave them in disposables for a week in case it is yeast and try again with your regime and see if it works.   

• Options

imagevarkeyr:
    Have their urine checked. That could be the issue. My nephews have the same issue and my sister has to use disposables. Their urine is too acidic.

That is a good idea. I feel like I have tried everything else, so maybe it is just them.  

• Options

Talk to the gals at the Zoolikins store in Scottsdale (downtown). They are CD geniuses... you can check their website and go in... they are great.

• Options

a little late to the party here, but are you sure your diapers are getting clean enough? with hard water you do need a little more than you would with soft.

i use tide original powder (nothing else has ever worked) and wash every other day. we have hard water here as well, and i do have a top loading he washer. i do a rinse with no spin, then i wash on the whites cycle (hot wash/cold rinse) and add on a soak and extra rinse. had this washer since april and haven't ever had to strip

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"