May 2012 Moms

Maternity- Overbelly or Underbelly?

What kind of maternity jeans/pants/leggings do you prefer?  I always wear the secret fit overbelly which is so comfortable!  

Today, I saw some underbelly maternity jeans at motherhood but didn't get the chance to try them on.  

Are you ladies in maternity pants yet?  If so, what's your favorite fit/style and why? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maternity- Overbelly or Underbelly?

• I'm not in maternity yet for this pg but for last pg, I had 2 pairs of under belly, and 3 pairs of the over belly (with the band attached)  For the beginning, the under belly was more comfortable because I wasn't big enough t hold up the band so the over belly ones kept falling down.  But as my belly got bigger, the over belly band were so much more comfy.  I definitely like them better... once they fit. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Thanks!  I think I am going to try some on next time.  I wear an XS so the overbelly barely fits me and it's not snug yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The over ones, the secret fit I think. THe ones that sit under really fall down alot as you get bigger! At least they did for me. 
  • 100%, without a doubt - OVER belly.   Again, secret belly fit from motherhood maternity are the best.
  • Love overbelly. Underbelly pants always feel like they're going to fall off, especially later on. Plus I like the "smoothing" effect of the full panel.
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • During 2nd tri under belly are more comfortable IMO. During 3rd tri the over belly are def more comfortable. The under belly will roll down sometimes on you when you are so huge you've got the waddle going.
  • I loved my underbelly pants with my 1st LO.  The overbelly got too hot in the summer, but the underbelly were hands down much more comfortable.  I wasn't huge with first LO and never had any problems with them falling down.  Personally, the overbelly got too cumbersome for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first I preferred the underbelly and I didn't have problem with them falling down when I got huge.  The overbelly felt weird on me, I didn't like something covering my belly (pants wise).  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I'm with you, secret fit over belly is so comfy right now, and I feel like it smooths me out too. 
    Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• I prefer the overbelly ones.  I just fold the stretchy panel in half when I'm not so big yet.  The underbelly belly ones for some reason always bothered me and made me itch.  Not sure if it was something in the underbelly panel, but I never tried them again.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    LO#1: August 2010
  • overbelly even when im small.  like PP i fold it over when im not too big yet.  i cant wear motherhood maternity though...they fit me like cr*p.  the only pants that ive found to fit me are GAP.
  • Overbelly 100%
    It's a boy! 05/03/12 Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've never done well with high rise anything, and find the overbelly really uncomfortable and just generally icky.  I can easily pull them up over my boobs... no thanks.  I've only been in maternity for less than a week so I am not 100% sure yet, but so far I like gap demi panel.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• For the most part I wear yoga pants but now when I wear jeans I'm in maternity. After two c-sections my belly is squishy. I'm bloated so if I wear my regular jeans I have a horrible muffin top and am uncomfortable. I much prefer pants that come up over my belly. When I was pregnant with DS1 all I could find was underbelly stuff and I hated them.
  • imagesunflowergrl:
    I'm not in maternity yet for this pg but for last pg, I had 2 pairs of under belly, and 3 pairs of the over belly (with the band attached)  For the beginning, the under belly was more comfortable because I wasn't big enough t hold up the band so the over belly ones kept falling down.  But as my belly got bigger, the over belly band were so much more comfy.  I definitely like them better... once they fit. 

Definitely agree with this. 

• Underbelly. I just don't like the way the overbelly feels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"