Florida Babies

Spring Hill Pediatricians?

Does anyone know of a good pediatrician in the Spring Hill area? Any recommendations would be very helpful. thanks!
image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Spring Hill Pediatricians?

• Oh...I will be watching this one for recommendations as well!  We have an appoitment next Monday with Babies and Beyond on Mariner, but after reading some reviews and finding out the lead doctor got busted for DUI, my hubby and I aren't feeling very comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker Found out we were PG on 8/27/2010. U/S on 9/7/10 and 9/10/10. MC on 9/13/2010 at 6 weeks 6 days. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yes! I was thinking of going to Babies and Beyond as well, until I read reviews. lol Hopefully someone will have some great recommendations.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Babies and Beyond, and feel it has been a good experience. Dr. Davis is EXCELLENT and we use him as our son's primary physician. You can request who you want to make an appointment with. He is thorough and kind and takes time to answer any questions you have and address any concerns. We have been a lot, due to ongoing ear infections. He referred us to Pediatric ENT in Odessa, and they are also excellent, if you ever need to go that route, which hopefully you don't. We were sad to find out about Dr. Bain's issues, but anytime we have seen him (sick appointments), he has been very good with our son. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey jln125,

I was actually just doing some more searching and I came across a new pediatrician in the Spring Hill area, his name is Dr. Griffen. His office has a facebook page and a lot of people are leaving comments on how awesome he is. I think I will take my son there once he is born. Just thought I would let you know. Here is the fb page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sun-Country-Pediatrics/154171811278598 and his office website. https://suncountrypediatrics.com/default.aspx Hope this helps! :)

• Hi there! I am due December 31st and live in Brooksville also. There are plenty of pediatricians in the area. Most do not have websites so you would either have to call or go in to visit. I am just starting my search as well. My boss's children go to Babies and Beyond and say that they are wonderful, despite his DUI mishap he is still a good doctor. I might check them out, but Dr. Griffen...the other one suggested looks great too...and a new building. I am also checking out Dr's in Dade City and Brooksville area. I do a google maps seach for "pediatrician" and it pin points their locations and gives contact #'s .... I would love to stay up to date on this discussion to see if there are any other recommendations.

Thanks for posting and congrats!

• I take my daughter to babies and beyond, to Dr. Davis, and he is great. He is very patient, and great with my daughter. I went to Dr Ward/ Dr Wong  before, and was treated horribly by their staff, and was threatened when I decided to leave, so I would not recommend going there. Babies and beyond will get you in the same day if your child is sick, and I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen.
  • I am on the hunt as well.  As a read through your posts I feel I should share with you I know.  I know that I will NEVER go to Babies and Beyond.  I have heard great things about Dr. Griffen as well as Dr. Gergeist (spelling?) at Ocean Pediatrics on Mariner Blvd.  I also know a lot of people who go to Dr. Wong and love him.  I am due in 4 weeks and I think I have narrowed it down to Griffen or Gergeist.  Hope you get what you are looking for.  I need to start interviewing pediatricians but as a first time parent I have no idea what to ask....going to have to figure that out real soon I guess.  Best of luck!
  • thank you for your post and all discussion. I am not familar with any of the doctors in the area, however i do know where th babies and beyond is on mariner. I will need to make a decision. How does anyone have the time do you go in person or call by phone? I'm afraid I might get the wrong impression of the doctor if i don't like the office staff that answer the phone. Or maybe the staff is a reflection of the doctor and i should just go with my feelings on something like this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"