May 2012 Moms
Options

i have a bad cold..can i take luden's throat drops?

ugh, i feel miserable on top of feeling miserable from the pregnancy....my throat is on fire...and would LOVE to suck on some throat drop...any idea what kind i can take? im trying to drink a lot of decaf hot tea....i just KNOW this is going to turn into a sinus infection and i REALLY don't want to take antibiotics...ugh...any other remedies for bad colds that are safe?
Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: i have a bad cold..can i take luden's throat drops?

• Options
    Cough drops and throat drops are fine. You can also take Tylenol and I believe Sudafed.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes and Hall's as well...the pharmacist even double checked contraindications for me last week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aw, I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable! I'm just getting over a cold. The list from my doctor said I could take Sudafed, Robatussin DM (without alcohol), and saline nasal spray. I only took the Sudafed and it was amazing!

Get lot's of rest! I hope you feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also get a neti-pot to wash out your nasal cavity and do steam treatments to liquify the mucous. I did those two things and I'm pretty sure it's what saved me from developing a secondary bacterial sinus infection or URI.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am just getting over one and I just looked on the back of the cough drop packages and picked the one that did not say consult your Dr if pregnant.  I also sucked on peppermints, butterscotch and life savers.  I took benedryl at night and used a humidifier.  I took Robitussin DM during that day and that really helped my throat b/c I wasn't coughing.  Hope you get better soon!  Drink LOTS of fluids I know they all say it but it does make you feel better.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options

Saline Spray, hot tea, cough drops. Humidifire with the vicks stuff to put in it  and shower drop in things will help as well. You can also use vicks vapor rub to help as well.

Do not stress out if you need to go to the doctor and go on antibiotics. With my last pregnancy I was on them three times as I am prone to sinus infections in the winter/fall season. There are plenty of safe ones to go on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"