May 2011 Moms

What's your LO's wake time?

DD used to stay awake for only 2-2.5 hours before getting very sleepy. These days she is staying awake for up to 4 hours. I might see a yawn around 2 hours, but when I try to put her down, she will vehemently fight her sleep. Only until she is pretty exhausted (after ~3.5 hours) will she give in to it. I have tried to put her down before the first yawn, but with no success. I attribute her longer wake times to her being fascinated so much by her environment now.

This morning she woke at 5:30am (an early morning for both of us) and just now (9:15) is taking her first nap. How long are your LO's staying awake these days between naps? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What's your LO's wake time?

• Still about two hours.  But we're still struggling with only 30 minute naps. I find if he's kept up longer, we get an additional ten minutes-ish, but not necessarily.

He wakes up between 5:40 and 7am.  Usually about 6 though. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It really depends.

SOmetimes she can go 2-2.5 hours, but this past weekend it was 1 hour or less!  She was a very sleepy little girl and took amazing naps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • C is up for the day at 7am, and goes anywhere from 2-3.5 hours between naps. Her nap lengths are erratic - 20/30 mins up to 1.5/2 hours (super super rare). We typically have three downtimes a day (9:30, 12:30, 3). I've tried to stablize nap schedule but admit to not being too consistent...I also have her out and about most afternoons so she has to nap on the go.  But, she's down for the night at 7:30 and only wakes once at 4:30ish for a bottle, and is a very happy baby when awake, so all in all not too bad.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• I think my child is a freak of nature.  He only naps 2-3 hours total during the day, and in the evening he is generally awake from 2:30-8 without a nap.  Add to that: he is now waking up several times during the night (usually takes 30 minutes - 2 hours to put him back to sleep) and he wakes up for good between 6-7! I am seriously considering hiring someone to come to our house to babysit at night just so I can get some sleep and not look like a zombie at work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 730-8am: Up & Bottle

930am: Down for a nap

1130am: Up & Bottle

1pm: Down for a nap/sometimes takes about 4oz.

330pm: Up & Bottle

5pm: Bottle & sometimes naps for 30-60 mins.

730pm: Bottle & Down for the night

She gets cranky about 1hr30min after getting up. At night she eats a lot in a short amount of time. But goes to bed fairly easy and usually sleeps 10-12 hours.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My DD wakes up at 5:30 every morning. She stays up until around 7:30 - 8. She'll sleep for about an hr then be up again. At 12:30-1 is when she takes her long nap (about 3 - 3.5 hrs). Around 5:30 - 6 she'll take a 20 - 30 minute nap. And finally my DD goes to sleep at 8:15 - 8:30, depending on how long she plays in the bath. She got her own schedule at 2.5 months.

But..... Last nite she skipped her last nap, crashed out at 7 and woke up at 1 in the morning. She partied until 2:30. She still woke up at 5 this morning. I'm gonna do all I can to get her back to going to sleep at 8:15 tonite. I'm exhausted today.Sad 

• After 2 hours, Emma falls to pieces without a nap.  She only naps around 45 minutes, although occaisionaly (like once every 4 days) I will get over an hour.

She wakes up for the day at 8:30, and goes to bed at 8:30.  She's a champion at night, so I haven't gotten to upset about her erratic daytime schedule..

• Usually a couple hours between naps during the day.  But I pick her up from daycare at 5:00 and she usually doesn't nap before bedtime (9/9:30).   So her longest stretch is 4hours or so.  Then she sleeps until 6:30am.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"