Colorado Babies
Options

Birth centers in Colorado Springs?

I would love to give birth at a birth center, as opposed to a hospital or at home. The only stand alone birth center I can find in the whole state is in Denver, and I live in Woodland Park!  Anybody know of any other centers, natural birth options etc...?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Birth centers in Colorado Springs?

• Options

Sadly the Mountain Midwifery in Denver is the only birth center in the state so unless you want to travel a few hours to Denver look into a home birth with a midwife. Here's the link if you need it.https://www.mountainmidwifery.com/

• Options
    I live in the Springs too and haven't been able to find a birthing center either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish the Springs had a birth center too!!!  There is a midwife that does home deliveries, but I am not up for that.  I just found out I was KU, so I haven't done a ton of research, but St. Francis looks really nice. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just delivered at St. Francis Med Center and had a wonderful experience. The staff is phenomenal. My labor in the hospital was short(only about 4 hours) and the nurses  made every effort to keep me comfortable. After i delivered, my nurses would let me sleep and take vital signs when Iwas awake. The lactation consultant stopped by each morning to make sure things were going well.Nutrition services would call at mealtimes if I hadn't ordered food to make sure I did eat. My husband did say that the sleeper sofa in the room was hard as a rock, so dads might not sleep well or comfortably.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"