High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Weight Gain Problems?

Did anyone else experience difficulty in gaining weight? At 32 weeks, my midwife started expressing concern on my weight gain. I was 155 pre-pregnancy and to this point, I'm only at 162. I had terrible morning sickness for the first four months where I would eat, but I think I must have vomited just as much. At 34 weeks, they noticed the baby was measuring small. At 35 weeks, they had an u/s just to check on him and while all the dopplers were good with this blood flow, he was measuring around 33 weeks. Thankfully, at this weeks appointment (36), he's measuring 34. So, while he's still behind, he did make the week gain that I did. The doctor was pleased about that. But, they're still concerned with my weight gain. I swear I eat everything in sight though!

One thing does have me curious. I was an avid Mountain Dew drinker. That is basically all I ever drank. I could drink half a cube in a day. My mother, last year, had to cut Mountain Dew (she drank it like me) out of her diet completely. Within a very short period of time, weight just seemed to melt off of her. She dropped approximately 20 pounds and that was her only diet/exercise difference. The doctor said it was because she drank SO much soda and she stopped, she lost that weight very quickly. I'm curious as to if anyone thinks that might be a similar situation for me. As in, I stopped my MD habit cold-turkey and I wondered if it's not that I'm not gaining weight, but that I lost weight from that, but gained from eating and am therefore staying somewhat the same... Is that even possible? Haha.

Anyone else experience weight gain issues???

Re: Weight Gain Problems?

• Options

imagesoftskate31:
    Yes, cutting out all that sugar & empty calories can cause weight loss if you didn't replace those lost calories with healthy nutritious foods.  Make sure you are eating plenty of protein and calorie rich foods.  Some fat is good too, so eat your dairy, healthy oils, and carbs too.

Thanks so much. :) I had to write down all the stuff I eat and talk to the nutritionist and she is just at a loss because she said I'm eating appropriate amounts of the right foods. She suggested an increase in a few places if possible. But, she laughed and was like, I just don't get it; you're body seems to be rebelling against weight gain and you're really really trying! So, at least I got her approval in the nutrient department. :)

• Options
    I have lost 15 pounds during my pregnancy, no gain at all! I was a huge pop drinker! Switching to a GD diet got me healthy. My doctor isn't concerned bc my sugars are great and my baby is large, but proportionate...he's perfect! I never tried to lose weight at all, I was just cautious of eating too many carbs. I met with a nutritionist and follow the diet and still no gain. Your doctor is right to be concerned as mine are too. Just keep eating plenty of healthy foods for your baby and let the docs worry about the weight..also I'm getting induced Wednesday!! 5 days early!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemeganschneider:
    I have lost 15 pounds during my pregnancy, no gain at all! I was a huge pop drinker! Switching to a GD diet got me healthy. My doctor isn't concerned bc my sugars are great and my baby is large, but proportionate...he's perfect! I never tried to lose weight at all, I was just cautious of eating too many carbs. I met with a nutritionist and follow the diet and still no gain. Your doctor is right to be concerned as mine are too. Just keep eating plenty of healthy foods for your baby and let the docs worry about the weight..also I'm getting induced Wednesday!! 5 days early!! 

Thanks! :}

So that was yesterday! I hope everything went well for you and LO!!! :D I've been dealing wth some contractions and haven't been here on the boards til now. Congrat and good luck! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"