North Florida Babies
Options

Looking for a NON med pushing OB or CNM in Jacksonville FL

I just moved up here about 5 months ago and just found out we are expecting! I am looking for an Ob or CNM that is more into holistic style medicine.... Or if any knows an OB that is NOT a med/c-section pusher and totally encourages natural birth PLEASE let me know. Thanks ladies!
Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Looking for a NON med pushing OB or CNM in Jacksonville FL

• Options
    I use North Florida OBGYN @ the Baptist South location.  I had a short labor (about 6 hours) half of which was spent pushing; I was offered drugs once, I declined and had a natural birth.  Since I reached the push limit (3 hours) the dr. used the vacuum; but that was all the interference he had. 
    Mrs. Hunt Eliana Grace born 5/24/11
  • Options

Your best bets are 1) Fruitful Vine (birth center), 2) A Place for Women (Dr Van Scriver), 3) having a doula at your hospital birth. 

If you choose a typical OB practice, just do your homework and know what you want going in and be upfront with them.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you! Smile

@ Adarlingzta I see you use cloth diapers. How is that working out for you? What brand are you using?

• Options

I should probably change my siggy... my son is 3 now LOL  We used Kissaluvs when he was a newborn then moved to BGs. Used a mix of pockets and AIOs. Loved them!

There are some cloth moms on the nest board if you have questions since it has been a little while for me.  

• Options

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

• Options

I also went to NF OBGYN (at the Beaches though) & they were in No Way pushy.... I did stress how I did not want a C/S( if it was unnecessery) or vacuumed/forceped. they totally understood my concerns & said they would only use these methods if medically necessary.

I did deliver vaginally (no vacuum/forceps) but I did get an epi (by my choice). Either way, they asked me about the Epi & asked about having any meds during recovery.

DSC04873-1 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"