Infertility

Alcohol & Lupron

I am sure this has been asked and discussed on this Board a gazillion times already but I received an email at the start of my IVF cycle on Monday from my nurse that randomly mentioned alcohol during the Lupron phase of the cycle is fine up until stims start. I have never heard that before and have already resigned to not getting my party on just in case and for the peace of mind. What have been your experiences with this topic?
Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February

Re: Alcohol & Lupron

• I know for sure that my RE said no drinking during stims.  During Lupron, I think the suggested rule was limit drinking...so a beer/glass of wine here and there was ok. 

Majority of the time, I just don't drink while cycling.  It's easier for me that way.

TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • imageBella2u07:

I know for sure that my RE said no drinking during stims.  During Lupron, I think the suggested rule was limit drinking...so a beer/glass of wine here and there was ok. 

Majority of the time, I just don't drink while cycling.  It's easier for me that way.

I agree with this. Considering this is my only shot at IVF, I don't want to do anything that is suspect, which is why I am ignoring that part of my nurse's email!

Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't drink once I start a cycle.  I never asked but I've heard it's OK to drink while on Lupron. For me Lupron gives me the absolute worst headaches, so there was no way I was adding booze into that mix! 

Good luck!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was told it was fine to drink up until I started stims. I enjoyed a nice glass of wine on my last night of Lupron :)
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I asked my nurse about it because I had a party planned the weekend I started Lupron.  She said I could have 1-2 drinks, but I needed to be careful because sometimes Lupron exaggerates alcohol's effects.  I ended up not drinking because I was afraid of being the drunk girl. 
    TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • I'm allowed alcohol until trigger (in moderation-like a glass of wine).

My 2nd IVF started off so poorly, i did have some wine while stimming.  Sadly, ive been at this way too long...I won't press pause on my life for it.  And frankly, a glass of wine won't ruin ur egg quality...if you want one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My RE said a glass of wine a day while on Lupron is ok.  But once stims start, no more alcohol.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"