Trying to Get Pregnant

I guess I should introduce myself

So I have been lurking for quite a while now... and finally decided to actually make an account, and then just recently began commenting.

I have been doing more lurking today, and came across a post of "rules" that members of the board would like to have in place... one being that newbies should introduce themselves to other members of the board.

So here it goes. I am 23.. turn 24 this month.. WOO! My husband and I are high school sweet hearts and have been together for over 8 years! In 2009 we FINALLY said "I do" and that night began "not avoiding, but not preventing". It wasn't until about Oct of 2009 that the TTC started. Although, at the time I didn't know just how much TTC entailed (i.e. the charting and whatnot). It took some time and November of 2010 (two days before Thanksgiving) we got our BFP! We were so happy, and it was even more exciting because my BFF who lives a very very long way away was in town for the Holidays and she was able to experience the happiness with us. Things were going along great.. minus the INSANE morning sickness and the fact that baby was on my sciatic nerve, causing a lot of discomfort.

Until the day we went in for our anatomy scan. My mom works for the school district and the appointment was during spring break.. so she got to go with me, and my sister took off from work to go with me since my DH was unable to leave work. We went in to the u/s and immediately I could tell by the actions of the u/s tech. I was supposed to be 18 weeks, but baby no longer had a heartbeat and based on measurements, the baby had stopped developing around 16 weeks.

My DH and I both did not take this very well. I had to be admitted into L&D and have my labor induced to deliver my undeveloped baby. The hardest thing in the world is going into L&D, delivering, staying over night, and leaving the next morning empty handed. For a while, I thought I would never recover (mentally).

Took about 4 months of me grieving before I finally wiped the floor with myself and said snap out of it! (All of this happened in March, was due in August). It was around the time of LOs EDD that my DH and I decided let's try this again. So we are back to TTC!!

Anyways, that is my TTC background. I will give you a little bit more information about me: I am a full time student (graduating in May.. YAY!!) and I currently work full time. It works out perfectly that a EDD will not be until June or later at this point, so (barring anything unusual) my graduation will not be affected. My current job is not one I will be keeping after graduation so new job will depend on a pregnancy or what not.. a bridge we will cross once we get there. 

Well, I guess that is really about it. I don't have much time for hobbies.. I guess TTC is my current hobby!! LOL! 

Just want to say good luck to all the TTCers out there, and I am looking forward to getting more acquainted with you all!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I guess I should introduce myself

• I'm sorry to hear about your previous loss. Welcome and I hope you get your take home baby soon! :)
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • So sorry for your loss :(  That sounds like a tough one to go through.

Keep that great attitude and best of luck with TTC!

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the heartache. :(

Welcome to you & GL! 

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry about your loss. Welcome to the board and I hope you get your sticky baby soon!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I literally just teared up reading your story and I am so sorry for such a hard thing that you had to go through!! But I do welcome you here and I hope and pray a quick stay here on this board :)
  • sorry for your loss...welcome and GL!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Your story breaks my heart, but you have a wonderful attitude and outlook. Good luck. I hope your stay is short and sweet, and I hope you get to bring home a baby really soon!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I am sorry for the heartbreak you have endured... Hope you get your take home baby soon! Welcome to the board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Thank you for sharing your difficult story with us. I hope you get your take home baby soon, until then welcome and good luck!
    Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
    Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
    May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
    June- Cycle Break
    July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
    August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?
  • I am so sorry about your loss.  I can't even imagine...

Hope your stay here is short and sweet!  Welcome and best of luck.

LO 2.0 on the way!  BFP 11/11/13, EDD 7/26/14

DS born 6/15/12, BFP 10/7/11, HB @7w 114

• So sorry for your loss! I hope that your stay here is short and sweet!
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome and good luck to you!
  • So sorry for your loss. Good luck in your endeavor of TTC!
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Best wishes!
  • thanks everyone for your condolences. It is nice to be apart of a community that many members either know how I feel, or fear what I have gone through. It truly is a pain I wouldn't wish upon my worst of enemies. I try to remember what happened as a motivator and not dwell on it.  I don't tell my story for sympathy (which an ex friend of mine accused me of) but instead I tell it because the events changed who I am. I am a completely different person. 

Thanks for welcoming me! Good Luck to everyone again! 

• Welcome!  I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Good luck!
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"