Houston Babies

JBF Sale question

I have never consigned or shopped at a JBF event before but I got a flyer at Maddie's school today.  Can someone tell me how it works?  Do I drop off my stuff before the event?  Do I price it or do they?  Are the sales donated to charity or do the consignees receive the money?

TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: JBF Sale question

• You price the cloths and take them in before the sale.  You get the sales minus a a percentage that goes to JBF.  If you volunteer you get a higher percentage of the sales.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I almost tried to sell stuff in the one earlier this month on the northside.  There is a lot of information on their website.  You price everything and print your own tags.  You then drop off a couple of days before the sale.  At the end of the sale you can specify if you want the unsold items back or donated.  I believe you receive a check maybe a couple weeks later of what sold.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm new to the area and have a little one on the way....what, when and where is this JBF sale?!
  • It was this past weekend. The next one is the JBF North, I believe. You can google that + Houston to get the details. It's somewhere near Willowbrook Mall and is one of the biggest in the Houston area. Since I have 2 bins full of stuff already tagged, I think I am going to make the drive out for this sale.

So far by dropping at the central sale and the west side sale, I've made about $400. That's kind of "eh" for the man hours I've put in but I've done a total of 3 central sales and 2 west side sales over 3 years and made more than $2k. Once all your stuff is tagged, taking it from one sale to another is pretty easy... 

• The JBF Pearland sale is this weekend, just incase it's closer for you to come here. Holy smokes that's a lotta $$$$.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekatydrake:
    I'm new to the area and have a little one on the way....what, when and where is this JBF sale?!
    JBF is Just Between Friends. The different areas of Houston have them at different times. It's basically like a huge garage sale for clothes/toys/other baby & kid type items.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That sounds like just what I need! Thank you! I will have to check out one that's close to me.
  • imagemissjake:
    The JBF Pearland sale is this weekend, just incase it's closer for you to come here. Holy smokes that's a lotta $$$$.

I'm OOT this weekend or I totally would.

I had A LOT of stuff, especially the 1st sale. I made $700 that one time. Since them, it's more in the $200-400 range and will dwindle with time. It might get to the point where the tagging effort isn't worth it anymore but I like being in control of my own prices and 60% back is a heck of a lot better than the 40% I get at the local consignment shop! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"