Baby Showers
Options

When is your ideal time to have a shower?

What do you think is the best time to have a shower in your pregnancy?

I can't remember how far along my sisters were during theirs, and was just curious as to when is the best time to have it.  :)

[Poll]

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: When is your ideal time to have a shower?

• Options
    i'll be 31 weeks, 5 days at my shower. seems like a lot of girls on my month board are having their shower between 30-33 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think 30-35 weeks is perfect, and I agree with the 30-33 week pp. Earlier than 30 weeks and I think you're jumping the gun and then you don't want to go past 35 weeks because mom-to-be won't have much time or energy to get everything ready.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I could wait it out sooner (ideal 32wks), but I will be having my shower @25wks. This is due to my high risk status (on moderate bed rest, but dr said that could change after 25wks), my due date is mid Feb 2012, so the holidays make it harder finacially on fam/friends to attend after the New Year, and my bbf wants to avoid a cancellation due to bad weather this winter. The positives are, I'll have a belly to show off, but not be too big to be uncomfortable or miss it entirely b/c of bed rest , I'll have my ENTIRE 3rd Trimester to get whatever I wasn't gifted at the shower, I can save even more money taking advantage of all the sales/after Xmas sales/clearance on baby stuff, and b/c everyone will see me right before Turkey Day, I won't be stressed about having to entertain during the holidays.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I had mine today (which was awesome) at 27 weeks.  It's a little early according to some people on the boards, but because it was in PA and I live in NC - those throwing it were smart enough to realize that the car ride too much later in the pregnancy could have been miserable.  

27 weeks felt perfect for me.  I was still able to travel w/ only a slightly insane amount of bathroom breaks on the drive.  Definitely pregnant w/ a big bump, but not so swollen, that hopefully I won't cringe when looking back at the pictures.  It also gives us plenty of time to shop for anything we didn't get without cutting it too close to the due date.   I'd definitely lean towards late 20s or very early 30s as being ideal weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I am having my shower at 34 weeks

• Options

Since I'm due at the end of January and things get hetic after Thanksgiving I'm having my "friends" shower hosted by my sister at 30.5 weeks the weekend before Thanksgiving.  My mom will be hosting a "family and family friends" shower the second weekend in January when I'll be 37.5 weeks.  That shower will be later than I'd like but it's what works best with her schedule.  Those darn hoildays just throw a wrench into everything! ;)

• Options
    Mine is being planned for the weekend of Jan 28, I'll be 34w4d. We were trying to get the best of both worlds, with distancing it as much as possible after the holidays while still giving me a little time before my EDD. The nursery will already be together, our gifts will mostly be items not needed right away (other than some things like the car seat).
  • Options
    With my son I had my shower at 33 weeks and good thing because I had complications and ended up being induced the next week. With this pregnancy I am having it around the same time just to be sure.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image image
  • Options
    i'll be 29 weeks when i have my baby shower, i just want everything to be ready for the baby, my MIL was not for that idea until i told her my reasoning, and plus one of the games we will be playing is how big is mommy's baby belly, so i kind of need to be pregnant for it, i still have a couple of people who are trying to argue with me about when im having it, and i simply tell them i dont give two s**its what you think, im gonna have it when i have it, i know that sounds totally rude to you people, but those two people are my step mother in law and her mother telling me what to do, a lil frustrating
  • Options
    I felt the best between 28-32 weeks. Had my shower right at the 32 week mark. Glad I did because it all went downhill after that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"