2nd Trimester

Anybody went to Walt Disney World Pregnant?

Hello Ladies, this is an advice post on actual activities that can be done, so please for those who are going to tell me not go, just save it, and i know about all the things needed to be be comfortable and safe, but just wondering if there are any moms that actually went to Disney World pregnant and what you did, or what you know is safe to do, like what park?

Im going to Disney World in Nov, ill be 25wks pregnant then, of course I know I cant do rollercoasters lol.......

Thanks for any help

BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker

Re: Anybody went to Walt Disney World Pregnant?

• I went at 16 weeks. I basically was able to do everything except the rollercoasters and the go karts (more like bumper cars if you ask me). We took DS there and that was the only things I didn't get to go with them. It was still a fun time! Also, if you get a wheelchair you'll get to the front of the lines and get to do more stuff!!! Embarrassed

ETA: We were at Magic Kingdom

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I live in Southern California and went to Disneyland last week. I'm not quite as far along as you, but there was plenty there for pregnant women to do. A lot of the rides are fine to ride, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, pretty much all of the kid rides. I think the rule of thumb was anything that doesn't have a seat belt is fine. There will be signs posted, and I'm sure you can find a website that tells what fun to do there while pregnant. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We took DS to Disneyland when I was about 15 weeks. My OB said that anything he could go on, then I could go on. So basically anything that didn't have a height restriction. Things like Space Mountain, Star Tours and Thunder Mountain Railroad were obviously no go's but I did pretty much everything else.
  • I used to work there for 4 years. You will be fine. Just avoid the rides. They have tons of shows, attractions and parades that you can watch. Walking might be a little tiresome, but I think that happens to anyone who goes there. I used dance in the shows and parades and there are a ton of women that still dance while pregnant (up to a certain point of course) Just drink lots of water so you do not get dehydrated. Hope you have fun! :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been there about 5 times since getting prego!! I did just about what ever I wanted. The only thing i did not do was get close to any of the parades (the shoving). I didn't do many rides as I can't even when not prego. I drank plenty of water and had a cold pack on my neck. (went durning June and July). Went to all 4 Parks. If you do the Tree of Life @ Animal Kingdom, becareful of the back of the seats. Durning the exit of insects I got hit in the back by something coming out of the seat! That was the only time I was uncomfortable!! Other then that I had a blast with everything I did!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This looks like an interesting article on the subject!

https://allears.net/pl/pregnant.htm

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh and Animal Kingdom is wonderful, to see all the animals on a safari. Perfect for preggos :) 
  • I went about 3 weeks ago, to Magic Kingdom, and was fine. We got there at 10:30 am and stayed til park close. By the end I was tired and cranky and hot but had a blast overall. I stayed off the "mountain" rides since they're mostly coasters (Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, etc) but that's about it.
  • I went at 5-6 weeks last year. My OB gave me the OK for all rides and activities. I think the one thing I didn't feel comfortable with was the Tower of Terror, so I stayed off that. Otherwise, I did everything else, including Space Mountain etc. Actually, their roller coasters and thrill rides aren't really all that intense for the most part. Universal Studios has way more physically intense rides. In any case, I'm sure it was different because it was so early for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • We went to Epcot and Magic Kingdom last time and there was still plenty to do! Plus I love all the parades and shows :) Offhand I know we went on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, the jungle boat ride thing, some tram ride at Epcot....the rides are marked whether you can do them or not. We spent 2 full days and I was never bored, just stay hydrated!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I went at 16 weeks and took DS (2 years). I rode everything that he did :) There is so much to do, and I didn't feel "left out" of anything. I went to Animal Kingdom and even rode the Safari ride (some books/ websites tell you not to). I just sat up front.

I did not go to Epcot. I went to Hollywood Studios, there really wasn't much that I did there. It was so hot when I went that I just stayed in the air conditioned shows (there were only 2 or 3) and I couldn't ride any of the roller coasters. The best places for pregnant women (IMO) are Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.

Have fun!

• I'm glad you posted because we are going in November and I will be 28/29 weeks. I plan on doing as much as I can with DS. My doctor cleared me to go and said "Have fun".
  • Thanks everyone, I feel great about my trip and have a feeling that there wont be dull moment, ive been reading other articles and such and found out that there are plenty of rides that are perfectly fine for pregnant women
    BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • This is so well timed!  I'm going over Thanksgiving and was SO bummed about wasting the money to get into the parks.  Now that I know there are still things for me to do I'm excited again!  :)
  • We went a few weeks ago and I had a blast! The weather was nice and I was fine all day, food was yummy!
  • We are local and go all the time.  Not sure why anyone would tell you not to go...  I can do almost everything my two year old can do.  The only thing I do that I'm not 'supposed' to do is the animal safari in animal kingdom.  I didn't even realize the first few times that it says not for expectant mothers and I was surprised to learn it since I took Charley on it as a newborn and it's very mild.  

If you have any specific questions I can probably answer them, but you'll be fine and have a lot of fun :)

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• We are going in December when I am 28 weeks.  I think there will be plenty to do, and I will just take breaks as needed.  Have fun!!
  • We just went when I was 23 weeks pregnant, although I couldn't do the big rides like roller coasters I had plenty of fun. I did all of the rides I could do with my son,  Magic Carpet, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, etc. 
  • I went to Magic Kingdom at 12 weeks.  Stayed for about 3 hrs and then was ready to go...still had little energy at that time.  I got on a few rides...the slow moving ones :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"