Oklahoma Babies

Recommend your OKC OBGYN. I've heard Dr. Goff is good...

Mine in Yukon is alright, just a little impersonable.  Looking for someone who cares a little more and is not quick to use drugs.  I prefer the natural approach this time around.
BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Recommend your OKC OBGYN. I've heard Dr. Goff is good...

• I live in Edmond and my Dr. is Dr. Amanda Levene and I love her!!!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister had a baby on May 1. Her Dr. was Dr. Goff. She loved him. He is very personal and really likes the father to be involved (if that's what you want). She delivered at Mercy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm seeing the hospital midwives at OU. I really like Deb and Dawn. This might be something to consider if you're more "naturally" minded.
  • I live in Norman and go to Dr. Nicole Jarvis.  She's great!
    Married June 13, 2009 BFP August 20, 2010 It's a BOY! May 2, 2011 my blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also go to the OU midwives. I've only met Dawn so far, but she is very sweet, personable and patient (I always have DS there, and she even takes time to talk to him). She made me feel comfortable with having the birth experience that I want (barring any problems).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at Lakeside Women's. I think everyone there gets an A+ plus the L&D staff are amazing as well.
  • I'm in OKC with Dr. Robert Ryan. He's been working with a group of midwives for a good couple years and is very laid back, and he doesn't mind a natural approach. He's at St. Anthony's. I've been to quite a few local doctors searching for someone who didn't mind going natural, and he's the best I've found so far. I was originally with Dr. Elsa Vadakekut at Integris. She was very distanced and cold, and not very open minded. I also saw Dr. Rupert Thomas in OKC... well, when I say I saw him, I mean I went there. Apparently, hour and a half wait times are 'normal', according to the receptionist. I told him he just didn't know how to schedule people properly and walked out. So then I went to the OU midwives, and they were very pushy and completely unwilling to work with me and my natural birth plan. Quite disappointing. So that led me to Dr. Ryan. So far, he's been the best; very hands off, 'just let nature do it's thing', which is exactly what I was looking for. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I was high risk, and saw Dr. Mirabile.  He is wonderful.
  • I adore Dr. Goff
    Started TTC May 2010 Dx PCOS Nov 2010 DH dx with abnormal morph, low motility, poor progression, March 2011 Nov 2010, Femara, 2.5 mg + TI, = no response Dec 2010, Femara 5 mg + TI, 1 mature follie = BFN Jan 2011, Femara 5 mg + TI = no response Feb 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + TI, 2 mature follies = BFN March 2011-break April 2011, Clomid, 100 mg = no response May 2011, Femara 7.5 mg + Bravelle = no response, ovarian cyst Jun 2011, Checked for cysts, 1 unexpected mature follie, trigger shot + TI = BFN Jul 2011, Femara 10 mg + IUI #1, 2 mature follies = BFN Aug 2011, break
  • I think Dr. Victoria Mills is great!
    BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • I saw Dr. Deiter in OKC with my first 3 children. I decided I wanted a change this last pregnancy and saw Dr. Mary martin. She was great. (caveat..she does NOT prescribe birth control. So If you are planning on that method after delivery, you will have to get it elsewhere). She gives you comprehensive info on the Billings Method.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr. Goff delivered my son in December of 2010. He is a very personable doctor and always maybe me feel comfortable.  The staff is great too.  He is extremely busy but still made me feel like he "knew" me at every appointment and I wasn't just another expectant mother.  If I needed to come in, I knew I could always call and they would fit me in.  I cannot say enough good things about him.
  • I just had my son on 8/5/11 and I used Dr. Barki. She is an awesome OB, and she is located at the Center for Women's Health at Mercy in OKC. I actually had my son 5 weeks and 2 days early, and she was out of town because her son's wife had a baby. Dr. Melendez ended up delivering my son, and he was awesome too. I loved both doctors and I told them I only wanted an epidural if I decided I needed it. They let me wait until I was ready for the epidural and also advised me that I did not have to have one if I did not want it.

Good luck :)

• Hi there! I live in Yukon as well, and I go to Dr. Donna Seres at Lakeside. She is AMAZING! I've referred many friends and family members to her, and they all adore her as much as I do. I've heard Dr. Goff is also awesome, but I will only see a female OBGYN. Hope that helps!
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"