Military Families
Options

Do they usually support VBAC?

I was reading about getting a csection and tri-care won't fully cover elective csections. I had one with my daughter and I really have no desire to try to do natural again. My induced labor was a nightmare and I don't want to go through that again.

So the full question is do they usually push for VBACs or do you think they would let me go with another csection?

Re: Do they usually support VBAC?

• Options
    I don't know. From what I've seen, women wanting to try for a VBAC sometimes have to look for OB/GYNs who will work with them as there are risks involved. If I had to guess, I would think that a military OB/GYN will likely honor your request for a repeat c-section. But, this is just my opinion based off of experiences from friends and posts on the Bump. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelizbethwalker:

I was reading about getting a csection and tri-care won't fully cover elective csections. I had one with my daughter and I really have no desire to try to do natural again. My induced labor was a nightmare and I don't want to go through that again.

So the full question is do they usually push for VBACs or do you think they would let me go with another csection?

The joy of being a repeat section is the fact that it is not considered "elective".

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenorvelln:
    imagelizbethwalker:

The joy of being a repeat section is the fact that it is not considered "elective".

That makes me feel better thanks so much!

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was all hunky-dory with natural birth and then she wouldn't come out no matter what we did and I don't want to go through that again.

• Options
    I have heard (and I may be wrong) that MTFs don't often do RCS because it costs more money.
  • Options

imagegoodgolly_mrsmolly:
    I have heard (and I may be wrong) that MTFs don't often do RCS because it costs more money.

You heard wrong.

OP, talk to your doc. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's going to completely depend on you and your Dr. No one on this board can tell you what your Dr. will recommend.
  • Options

I distinctly remember when I was in the hospital (MTF) one of the nurses saying "At least next time you know you'll be in and out bright and early... yadda yadda..." so yes the do RCS. Actually when I was there one of the other nurses told me that they at that specific MTF don't VBAC and they would've sent me about an hour away so it also depends on weather the doc(s) do VBAC. Most don't push for them from what I hear.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagegoodgolly_mrsmolly:

This isn't true. In fact, the last base we were at provided all OB care at the MTF and wouldn't do VBAC at all.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"