Cloth Diapering
Options

Anyone with gDiaper experience??

Hi!  This is baby numero 2.  I did SOME CD, but just pretty much HATED what I had- plain old CD's with covers and bumgenius 3.0, which were Awful to get clean.  I am interested in how the gDipe "rubber pant" part snaps out, and the flushable inserts, as well as the cloth ones...  Anyone have a review for me???
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family

Re: Anyone with gDiaper experience??

• Options
    I have a few gdipes in my stash for when my MIL is watching LO.  They aren't my favorite but get the job done.  The plastic liner is attached at all four corners with a little snap.  I use prefolds as inserts as they work much better than the Gcloth and are cheaper in the long run.  I don't do the flushables as they are just as expensive (if not more) than sposies and in my opinion they completely defeat the purpose of cloth diapers.   Overall they work great for pee as you can just change the cloth liner and put a new one in.  However, they aren't the best at holding in a brestfed poo and I have never had LO poo in one and be able to continue using it by changing the liner as the poo always goes over the edge of the plastic liner and onto the cloth.  All in all they aren't bad and are easy for babysitters to use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are getting ready to start also and from what I've gathered you need to get several different types to try and see what works best for you and your family. So far we have got some pre folds and order charlie bannanas (got a really good deal) I am also going to try the gdiapers and BG and maybe a few others.

Kelly's closst has a make your own trial pack

bumrite.com has a pack with differnent types

as does jilliansdrawer.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They didn't work for us. They leaked at least a couple times a day. A friend of mine uses them and loves them. Like pp said, you have to find what works for your LO. I really wanted gDiapers to work because I think they look so cute on, but they just didn't.
  • Options

I use gdiapers exclusively and my daughter is now 7 months old. I love them!

We had a few leaking issues with the smallest size, especially when we used the cloth inserts, but it was quickly fixed by going up to the next size. I mainly use the disposable refills and love that I can flush the extra smelly inserts so that the entire house doesn't smell like a diaper bin.

For the most part I don't snap out the rubber part very often because it's much easier to just toss the entire outer diaper in the pail and put a fresh one on her. For times when we're out and I don't have an extra diaper handy, however, it's a nice feature.

My greatest accomplishment was convincing my mother-in-law that they were just as easy to use as traditional disposables!

Courtney Tweet Me @mamasheels www.mamasheels.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"