D.C. Area Babies
Options

Cupcakes

Does anyone have the cookbooks Hello Cupcake or What's New Cupcake?  I've had the books for over a year and never made anything.  (If you aren't familiar with them, check them out the next time you are at a bookstore, the cupcakes are adorable). 

I made the duckies for a baby shower this weekend from What's New Cupcake, Holy cow, that was a lot of time decorating.  I think this was one of more demanding decorating ones but I spent over 3 hours decorating 2 dozen cupcakes last night.  About half look just like the image and are absolutely adorable.  6, are pretty good and the last 6 look like they are part of the zombie duck apocalypse. 

DD couldn't stop staring at them this morning, she was so smitten.  I was really proud of her, she sorted the mini M&Ms last night by color for me and she didn't eat a single one (well until I gave her a few that I wasn't going to use after she was done).  I did not have the same willpower.    I'll post pictures this weekend after they are plated.         

Re: Cupcakes

• Options
    I have Hello Cupcake and I love the ideas in the book, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I'm intimidated by how much time it would take. I look forward to seeing some pics of yours.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I've paged through the books before but I hadn't bought them since I wasn't planning on making any specifically.  I think I know which duck ones you are talking about too - so cute.  I know I always try and pick the best looking ones to take picks of and anything with eyes can come out a little psycho looking sometimes.  I made these turkeys last year out of candy and stuff and a few of them had crazy eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"