June 2011 Moms
Options

Amount Eaten During the Day?

Dexter is now almost 15 weeks old...I am EBF, but he gets pumped bottles at daycare. He eats 4 ounces there twice a day, and since it is attached to my office, I nurse him on my lunch hour, so I have no idea how much he eats then. I nurse him at night and DH gives him another 4 ounce bottle at least, so I hope he's getting enough.

How many ounces do your babies eat at daycare during the day, if you EBF?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Amount Eaten During the Day?

• Options
    Some days he does better than others. Yesterday he ate close to 11 ounces, I was away for 10 hours with my commute. On Tuesday he only at 5 ounces and I was gone for the same amount of time. I think as long as you offer the breast for them to make up what they need when you are with them it should all even out. Usually the next day he eats a ton more when I am home, but sometimes not. (I only work 3 days a week so they usually are not consecutive) My lactation consultant said just let them nurse as often as they would like when you are with them...they missed you all day!  I am sure your little one is getting plenty!
  • Options

As long as he is growing and having enough wet diapers I wouldn't worry about it or compare his bottle intake to others.

Some babies drink more from a bottle than from the breast because it flows easier so they take in more. Some babies drink less from a bottle than the breast because prefer mommy so they'll eat just enough to tide themselves over.

My daughter eats 5oz 3x a day while she's at daycare from 7-4. I breastfeed her once around 5am, and anywhere from 2-4 times in the evening, depending on the day.

ETA - we started her out at 4oz per bottle and her teachers said she would cry and act hungry after she finished, so we bumped it to 5oz and she's happy as can be. Your LO will generally let you know if they aren't satisfied!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD gets 3 bottles while I am at work...she was getting 3 1/2 ounces in each one but I just bumped her up to 4 ounces. (She BFs once in the morning and 2 times when I get home)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

V is 13 weeks.  He is at the babysitter's house for 8 hours a day and eats 16 oz. total (two 8 oz. bottles). He usually naps from 8 AM-Noon, takes one bottle, then naps from 1:30-3:30 and has the other bottle right before I pick him up at 4:00.  We were spreading them out into more feedings with less ounces at each feeding, but he was flipping out and constantly hungry.  Our babysitter tried different schedules/amounts and so far this has worked to keep him happy all day long without him having to cry out of "starvation."  (Babies are so dramatic and my LO is a little porker). 

ETA:  I usually nurse him 2-3 times in the evenings too.  One short one around dinner time and then two longer ones before and after bathtime. 

• Options
    I ep and I send him with 16 oz typically. He used to eat 12 but he's been in a growth spurt lately and has been eating 16-19 the last week, during day care and when he'd be at day care if it's not a weekend.
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:

As long as he is growing and having enough wet diapers I wouldn't worry about it or compare his bottle intake to others.

Yeah, I'm trying not to compare...I know they're all different. But I wanted to make sure everyone else's baby wasn't eating way more and I am just too out of it to know. His weight gain has leveled off since I've gone back to work, which is making me paranoid (of course). I think it might just be his age, though. Thanks for your input!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She normally has three 4oz bottles....sometimes four 4oz bottles. She's there 10+ hours.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

Nicholas eats three 4oz bottles while he's at daycare.

I usually nurse him around 2:30-3am and then again around 7am before I go to work. Then after daycare he'll nurse around 6:30pm and again around 9pm. Lately he's started skipping that 3am feeding sometimes though which is awesome.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"