April 2011 Moms
Options

6 month party?

Anyone having a 6 month "birthday" party? The thought popped into my brain while driving to work this morning, should we throw a small party or just wait until 1 year?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     

Re: 6 month party?

• Options
    I'm thinking just with my close family we might have a big family meal and dress her up and take some pictures!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We'll do something like this  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL That is cute! We likely won't do anything.  I will do his monthly pics but I doubt anything more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Heh, no, but I may get a half-cake for me and DH to eat.
  • Options
    No.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Definitely not. I can't think of anyone who'd want to attend that (except maybe her grandparents, who live out of town.)
  • Options
    No. That just sounds gift grabby.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

No she is already 6 months and we did nothing.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No. Not trying to be mean here, but I find half birthday parties obnoxious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have only heard of 1/2 birthdays for kids that had birthdays right at Christmas.  I was one of those kids and my mom did 1/2 b-day parties for awhile when I was young because no one could ever come to a party when it was my b-day. 

It has never crossed my mind to do a 1/2 birthday party and I LOVE parties.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to come to one honestly.

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options

I think it's a cute idea if it's just something special for you, your LO, and your DH. I wouldn't feel comfortable inviting anyone to it for myself, though. My friend Sage Cohen (she's a poet who writes a lot about being a mother, if you want to look her up) does a special 1/2 birthday blog post about her son Theo's accomplishments every year on his birthday and 1/2 birthday. It's cute because he's 2 1/2 so everyone can read the funniest things he's said so far that half year :-)

For instance: "When greeting anyone familiar who has been out of the house or asleep in the next room, Theo will ask, "How was your appointment?" My favorite is when he asks the dogs how their appointment was when they come in from their walk."

https://sagesaidso.typepad.com/meet_theo/2011/03/two-and-a-half-years-of-theo-.html

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options

No. We'll do her normal monthly pics..

The only ppl interested in something like that would be grandparents. IF THAT.

• Options

imagekaeti_su:
    No. Not trying to be mean here, but I find half birthday parties obnoxious.

Yeah, me too...

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

I think it's a cute idea if it's just something special for you, your LO, and your DH. I wouldn't feel comfortable inviting anyone to it for myself, though. My friend Sage Cohen (she's a poet who writes a lot about being a mother, if you want to look her up) does a special 1/2 birthday blog post about her son Theo's accomplishments every year on his birthday and 1/2 birthday. It's cute because he's 2 1/2 so everyone can read the funniest things he's said so far that half year :-)

For instance: "When greeting anyone familiar who has been out of the house or asleep in the next room, Theo will ask, "How was your appointment?" My favorite is when he asks the dogs how their appointment was when they come in from their walk."

https://sagesaidso.typepad.com/meet_theo/2011/03/two-and-a-half-years-of-theo-.html

Thank you for sharing this. :) I had a good laugh at that post and plan to show DH tonight. I know he'll really enjoy it. 

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagevirginiagirl11:
    imageshaindelr:

Thank you for sharing this. :) I had a good laugh at that post and plan to show DH tonight. I know he'll really enjoy it. 

You're welcome! Theo cracks me up -- and makes me excited for when our LO's will be old enough to say funny, adorable, touching things :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options

We're planning a small 1/2 Birthday Party for our little one.  It'll just be Husband, Me, and my parents!!  It'll be cute to do the 1/2 cake and take some adorable photos!!  :-)  

Sophie was a preemie, so we celebrate every month with her!!  :-) 

Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

I think the six-month celebration is cute in the first year but i wouldn't invite anyone. Just DD and DH. I'll probably do the half-cake and put her 6 month sticker on a plain birthday hat and take a bunch of photos.

I'm all for celebrating whatever the heck you think is worth celebrating to you an your family. Just don't ask for gifts.  Stick out tongue

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options

imageSittingOnAMtnTop:
    Anyone having a 6 month "birthday" party? The thought popped into my brain while driving to work this morning, should we throw a small party or just wait until 1 year?

PS - That photo of you and your baby is stunning. So beautiful.

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options
    Since my babies are six months old today and I have nothing planned besides their monthly pics, that would be a no. It would be more for us than them, which I guess the same could be said for any b-day parties before they can understand, and I don't have the time, energy or money to put together a big party. Plus, they can't eat the cake anyway. I'd rather wait until their first birthday when more people will want to help celebrate.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options

Yesh! by small party I meant me, the hubs, my parents and one or two aunts/uncles that happen to be in town. No gifts required ;) Although knowing my mom she won't be able to help herself!

We never did the monthly celebratrion/pics so I thought 6 months might be a good excuse to have a little get together, eat some food and celebrate the most amazing little man in the world :)

Thanks for the input ladies!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"